Cool! Did anyone see "Top Gear" when the guys had to build their own camper? (the original british top gear guys, not the newbies) It was TOO funny!

I saw that one.... Jeremey's was so tall it kept falling over.... LOL

Pssst, John. Does your brother know that the door is on the wrong side of his camper?  :rofl:

I said the exact same thing the first time he showed me a picture!  :partythree: :doublebeer:  I will post some of his pictures of their campgrounds, holy cow, are they close together!!!  :hugsmiley:

6255_1144221449308_1340662854_30523883_2288895_n.jpg

Even though I would continuously break my nose trying to walk out the right (or is that wrong) side of the TT, I gotta say I love that add-a-room enclosure on it.

Do you guys not have awnings on your trailers over there? They are very common here, handy if you hve friends staying over, they can sleep in the awning, most come with bedroom pods as well,  http://www.isabella.net/uk/awnings/

Awnings are pretty standard, but they are just overheads. You can find rooms with sides that are made to fit specific trailers or moho's, but they are not very common, at least not in the Midwest. I like that one you have.

The one we have is called a porch awning because its not full length, If you click on the link in my previous post you'll see some more of the full types, we don't have one of those because they're very expensive! and they take forever to put up!! last year the guy opposite us started to put his up just as we arrived on site, I put ours up, went into the local town to get food, beer etc, was gone about 45mins, got back, opened the beer and sat and watched him for at least another hour!  ;D

I LOVE the "add-a-room" awnings!  They look awesome and would come in real handy during rainy season in Florida. How much trouble are they to put up?

And - your grass is so green.  Is the grass really greener on the other side of the pond?  ;D

And....how in the heck did you end up with the name "Nigel" (it's a good, solid British name) and your brother got stuck with plain ol' "John" instead of "Ian"?

These are things I want to know!!

Deb, I would tell you to ask our mom about our names, but that is a sore subject for both of us LOL  I don't think either one of us would $$$$ on her if she was on fire!  :dropjaw:  LOL

Erica and Matt and I are really trying to plan a trip to England to visit Nigel sometime in the next 5 years.... plus I am trying to talk him to coming over here and we will take him and his family to Disney and the Fort!!!!  We would have a BLAST!!!

That would be a great grand gathering huh?

Erica and Matt and I are really trying to plan a trip to England to visit Nigel sometime in the next 5 years.... plus I am trying to talk him to coming over here and we will take him and his family to Disney and the Fort!!!!  We would have a BLAST!!!

That would be a great grand gathering huh?

And that is just one of many reasons for you to get and stay healthy, John! (or should I say Ian? Bwahahahaha!)

Dave that really surprises me because they are THE towing choice here, I know everyone has thier own opinion about the best tow vehicle but here they are second to none, We do have some pickups but their not seen as good to tow with, (to light) my Landrover will tow 3tonne, THE Best 4X4 by far!!  :banana:

Dave that really surprises me because they are THE towing choice here, I know everyone has thier own opinion about the best tow vehicle but here they are second to none, We do have some pickups but their not seen as good to tow with, (to light) my Landrover will tow 3tonne, THE Best 4X4 by far!!  :jumpforjoy

I don't doubt they make a great tow vehicle.  I think the thing is that here in the States, they are considered a luxury vehicle and typically owned by the type of person that wouldn't be caught dead in a trailer.  :-[

You'd be more likely to see them parked outside the JW Marriott.  :)

But man, it makes for a great looking setup!

Nigel, if you ever do get this way, I would really LOVE one of those remote control electric caravan movers!!!  I've been drooling over one ever since I got my T@B.  The actual price is not bad, but shipping from your side of the pond is pretty steep!!