From the Disney Food Blog. Oh I do love me a good cheese plate!! I've had a few of these, but sounds like I need to make another spreadsheet! 8)

Disney World Cheese Plate Gallery

Jul 9th, 2012 by AJ.

FINALLY!!

After several years…and lots of cheese…we’ve finally put together a list of many of the cheese plates found in Walt Disney World restaurants!

Cheese-from-Gusto-331x475.jpg

Cheese from Tutto Gusto in Epcot's Italy

For those who have never had a cheese plate in a Disney World restaurant, here’s a little Disney cheese plate primer:

• Cheese plates are often offered as both an appetizer and a dessert
  • They usually provide small samples of three, four, or five cheeses
  • Cheese plates are served with accompaniments like dried fruits, nuts, compotes, honey, and small pieces of toast or crackers
  • The samples are usually arranged from mild to strong, with a veined blue cheese almost always at the end of the line

You’ll find goat milk, cow milk, and sheep milk cheeses with varied aging processes and preparations. If you’re dining in a themed restaurant, the cheeses may be themed as well (e.g. Cheeses from California).

I can highly recommend pairing just about anything with honey or dried raisins on the vine. icon_wink.gif In fact, I usually ask my server to bring an extra side of honeycomb since I nearly always run out.

Another tip: always ask for more little toasts. Even if you’re NOT sharing with a dining partner, you’ll still run out.

We’ve had many requests for this type of post — there are a lot of cheese lovers out there — so I hope this is helpful. Note that plates change often, so you may find different cheeses and accompaniments on your visit. Please share your reviews and experiences in the comments section below!

Epcot

Les Chefs de France

Plateau de fromages de France

My very favorite cheese plate in all of Disney World is found here, at Chefs de France. The creamy, delicious cheeses in large portions could probably be a meal in themselves!

Imported cheese board $14.50. Available at lunch and dinner.

Cheese-Plate-500x333.jpg

Cheese Plate

Le Cellier

Assortment of Artisanal Cheese

accompanied with Chef’s Selection of Dried Fruits and Preserves $14.00. See our review!

Cheese-plate-500x333.jpg

Cheese Plate

Boulangerie Patisserie

Cheese Plate

Get a similar plate to the one in Chefs de France over here at the Boulangerie…to-go!

FW-3-shrimp-seminar-bangkok-rio-151.JPG

Cheese Plate

Restaurant Marrakesh

Goat Cheese with Crispy Bread for Two

Mixture of Cheese and Kalamata Olives Red Pepper Sauce and Balsamic Vinegar Reduction $13.99

Rose & Crown

Trio of United Kingdom Cheese

with Accompaniments $9.99. Available on Pub and Dinner Menu. See our review!

Three-Cheese-Plate-cotswolds-cheddar-Aged-Irish-cheddar-Stilton-500x301.jpg

Three Cheese Plate -- Cotswolds Cheddar - Aged Irish cheddar - Stilton

Sunshine Seasons

Fruit and Cheese Plate

$5.49

Sunshine-Seasons-Fruit-and-Cheese-Plate-600x373.jpg

Sunshine Seasons Fruit and Cheese Plate

Tutto Gusto

Fontina

Val d’Aosta, semi-firm, alpine cow’s milk cheese

Parmigiano Reggiano

Emilia-Romagna, fragant, salty-sweet, aged cow’s milk cheese

parm-from-gusto-486x625.jpg

Parmigiano

Robiola

Piemonte, aromatic, tangy, cheese with a fruity finish

Bufala

neapolitan style Mozzarella

La Tur

Piemonte, dense, creamy blend of cow, goat, and sheep’s milk cheese

Asiago

Veneto, semi-sharp, crumbly cow’s milk cheese

Gorgonzola

Lombardia, slightly sweet, blue-vein cheese

We have a review of some of the Tutto Gusto cheese offerings to help you with your choices!

Magic Kingdom

Cinderella’s Royal Table

A Royal Tasting of Cheese

A trio of Cheeses with Accompaniments Included With Dinner $53.99

Bite-sized Cheddar Cheese

With Grapes Included With Child’s Lunch $28.99 and Dinner $32.99

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano

Antipasto Platter

This gorgeous platter could practically be an entree! With Genoa Salami, Prosciutto, Gorgonzola, and Fontina, it’s a serious symphony of flavor. Read our review here!

Antipasto-platter-500x333.jpg

Antipasto Platter

Starring Rolls Cafe (and occasional Fantasmic Offering)

Evening Delight Dessert Box

Indulge with a pairing of Brie and Cheddar Cheese, Fresh Fruits, and Chocolate-dipped Strawberries $12.75

Starring-Rolls-Cheese-Platter-600x491.jpg

Cheese Platter Available at Starring Rolls Cafe and Fantasmic Offering

Animal Kingdom Lodge

Jiko

Artisanal Cheese Selection

Five-tasting portions with accompaniments from around the world, spiced fruit jam, and crostini $14.00. Here’s our review!

artisanal-cheese-selection1-500x333.jpg

Artisanal Cheese Selection

Victoria Falls Lounge

Jiko – The Cooking Place Cheese Selection

served with Spiced Fruit Jam and Crostini $14.00. See above.

Bay Lake Tower

Top of the World Lounge

Farmers Cheese Plate

Cave Man Bleu, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Purple Haze Goat Cheese, Cypress Grave Creamery Lamb Chopper, Brittle, Honey Comb, Seasonal Fruit Compote $9.99

Boardwalk

Flying Fish Cafe

Degustation of Flying Fish Artisanal Cheeses (MT TAM, Tête de Moine, Pecorino Toscano Stagionato, Drunken Goat, and Valdeón) with Accompaniments: Raisins on the Vine, Fig and Almond Torta, Savannah Bee Company Honeycomb, with a Golden Raisin, Apple, fresh Citrus, and Bermuda Onion Compote “Agrodolce” $16

Flying-Fish-Cheese-Plate1-600x364.jpg

Flying Fish Cheese Plate

Contemporary Resort

California Grill

Cheese Board

Our review of the California Grill includes the Cheese Board menu!

Cheese-Plate-500x333.jpg

Cheese Plate

Grand Floridian

Citricos

Cheese and Grapes

with Crackers $4.00 Kids Menu

Cheese Course Trio

Murcia al Vino from Spain, Fourme d’Ambert from Auvergne, and P’tit Basque from France.

Citricos-Cheeses-416x625.jpg

Citricos Cheese Course Trio

Cheese-Plate-at-Citricos-600x455.jpg

Cheese Plate at Citricos

Take a look at the review of the cheese course from a meal at Citricos.

Garden View Tea Room

British Cheese Plate

A selection of traditional British cheeses, served with an array of seasonal fruit $14.50

English Blue Stilton Cheese

Served with walnuts and marinated berries $8.50

Grand Floridian Cafe

Cheese Plate

Truffle Tremor, Reypenaer Gouda, and St. Pete’s Select Blue Cheese with assorted accoutrements and Sesame Crackers $11.99

GF-Cafe-Cheese-Plate-600x298.jpg

Grand Floridian Cafe Cheese Plate

Narcoossee’s

Artisanal Cheeses

Currently served as five tasting portions with accompaniments; $16.00. We had this a year or so ago, but it was delicious! Check out our review!

Cheese-Plate-Fourme-D-Ambert-in-front-417x625.jpg

Narcoossee's Cheese Plate

Victoria and Albert’s

Chef’s Table Cheese Course

On our visit, we were served a lovely group of cheeses: Southern Belle Chevre, Gouda Goat Cheese, Colston Bassett Stilton, 24-Month Parmigiano-Reggiano.

cheese-plate-southern-belle-chevre-gouda-goat-cheese-colston-bassett-stilton-24-month-parmigianon-reggiano-309x625.jpg

Cheese Plate

Polynesian

Captain Cook’s

Cheese Entree

$6.99

Walt Disney World Swan Resort

Il Mulino New York Trattoria

Parmigiano Reggiano

Aged Parmesan Cheese $8.00

Wilderness Lodge

Artist Point

A Selection of Artisanal Cheeses Oh, yes, I’ve reviewed a similar cheese plate here!

Smokey Blue Cheese, Reypenaer VSOP, and Humboldt Fog with Seasonal Garnishes and Walnut Toast $14.00

cheese-plate-2-500x333.jpg

A similar cheese plate offered at Artist Point in 2011

Territory Lounge

Northwest Charcuterie and Artisan Cheese Platter

with Mustard and Sweet Pickles $13.00

Yacht Club

Yachtsman Steakhouse

Assortment of Artisanal Cheeses

Assorted Bread and Seasonal Accoutrements $16.00 includes Vermont Creamery Bijou, Le Grain d’Orge Affiné au Calvados, Beehive Cheese Co. SeaHive, Nancy’s Hudson Valle y Camembert, and Rogue River Caveman Blue

Yachtsman-cheese-plate-600x389.jpg

Yachtsman cheese plate

As you can see, there’s a variety of cheese plates available for tastings around Walt Disney World at counter-service and table-service restaurants.

These menu items make great appetizers, snacks, desserts, and light meals. Yep, I can eat cheese any time of the day! Mix and match cheeses and accompaniments to find your favorite pairings!

Hopefully you can share your insights, feedback, and favorites about the cheeses that you’ve enjoyed (or dare I say, disliked) at Disney World. Put your taste buds to the test — it’s a fun project for the whole family — and let us know your favorite Disney World cheeses! (It’s the Mouse’s House after all… come on, you knew I had to say it!)

Now it’s your turn to let us know your favorite Disney cheese dishes! What cheese offerings have we missed? We don’t want to miss a single cheese opportunity! icon_wink.gif

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/07/09/disney-world-cheese-plate-gallery/

I don't think I've ever met a cheese I didn't like.

I blame my mother. She once got stopped crossing the Canadian border in Niagara falls with over 30lbs of cheese in her trunk.

They'd passed through Wisconsin at some point on their trip.

The border agent asked her what she was going to do with all of it.

Straight faced she said, "I'm going to eat it"

She wasn't kiddding.

One thing nice about the cheese plates is they are considered desserts on the dining plan at a lot of the table service restaurants, so on the rare occasion we do have the dining plan, we will get the cheese plate first and share it, then share a dessert after the entree.