Vintage Disney Channel video footage

my parents were too cheap to pay for Disney. I just fell in love with Mickey later in life.

Youngster.

My parents didn't have to be cheap, as there was no such thing as cable TV when I was a kid. Like I tell my kids, we had 3 or 4 channels to pick from on the TV. And, if you wanted to change the channel, you had to get up and turn a knob. They think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

TCD

Youngster.

My parents didn't have to be cheap, as there was no such thing as cable TV when I was a kid. Like I tell my kids, we had 3 or 4 channels to pick from on the TV. And, if you wanted to change the channel, you had to get up and turn a knob. They think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

TCD

and if the president was on...... :panic:

I remember TV's that didn't have remotes. I remember a life before MTV (barely). I remember TV's so large that they took up half the livingroom.

I remember when you had to pay for the Disney Channel, and it had no commercials and some really awesome shows.

We still like it, but it used to be much better. And I was happy to pay for it then.

TCD

We paid for the Disney Channel for years, and it was worth it. Now it's free, but we never watch it.

Youngster.

TCD

and the only cartoons were on Saturday morning. No reason to be in the house after school, soap operas were on and no ac meant we played outside. I think all day every day access to everything took away some special times in homes too. Remember when The Wizard of Oz came on once a year? or Rudolph? They were family events, we always had snacks and hot chocolate! Now, kids can see those shows numerous times on numerous channels or video and none of them are really special. :(