Pot Stickers and Pork Buns - China Pavilion, Epcot

From the Disney Food Blog...

Quick Bites: Pot Stickers and Pork Buns in Epcot’s China Pavilion

Aug 13th, 2012 by AJ.

We’re back in the World Showcase of Epcot today with a peek at a few snacks from The Lotus Blossom Cafe and the Joy of Tea!

Atmosphere

To be honest, I often overlook the Lotus Blossom Cafe — the China Pavilion’s counter service spot — just because there are usually better options for my particular palate elsewhere. But the Joy of Tea, that adorable little stand with some of the best drinks in World Showcase, gets more love from me.

And if nothing’s going to cut it for you except Chinese food while you’re powering through the World Showcase, then it’s time to stop at these spots!

joy-of-tea-500x333.jpg

Lotus Blossom Cafe

Located just past the entrance of the Nine Dragons Restaurant in the China Pavilion, Lotus Blossom boasts modern decor and indoor/outdoor seating.

Eats

Here’s an idea of what you’ll find for a quick bite to eat at Lotus Blossom. As you can see, the menu includes pretty standard fare like Egg Rolls and Sweet and Sour Chicken.

menu-Lotus-Blossom-Cafe-600x445.jpg

Lotus Blossom Cafe Menu - Click to Enlarge

Since I’ve recently been going through a pot sticker phase, I wanted to try them here.

pot-stickers-Lotus-Blossom-Cafe-600x342.jpg

Pot Stickers - Lotus Blossom Cafe

I’m no Chinese food expert, but they were not great — basically tasteless and gummy, and I’m pretty sure that’s all wrong. I was also kind of shocked at how little sauce I received with the order.

pot-stickers-inside-Lotus-Blossom-Cafe-600x464.jpg

Pot Stickers - Cross Section

I was surprised by this, as Lotus Blossom is generally pretty well-liked among guests. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts in the comments!

Joy of Tea

If you want an even faster nosh and something you can eat-while-walking, the Joy of Tea kiosk has some nice dim sum options, like these snazzy Pork Buns. Don’t they look delish? These are just as good as the curry chicken pockets here at Joy of Tea, and well worth a try.

pork-buns-The-Joy-of-Tea-520x625.jpg

Pork Buns - The Joy of Tea

The soft, rich bread gives way to a delicious pork barbecue filling. The flavors are a good balance of sweet and sour and there’s a good ratio of filling to bread here. Definitely a thumbs up.

inside-pork-buns-The-Joy-of-Tea-600x400.jpg

Pork Buns - Cross Section

Overall

This is a pretty easy conclusion: I’ve definitely got some more research to do at Lotus Blossom Cafe. I really didn’t have a great experience there, so I’m eager to try some of the other menu options to see what I enjoy more.

Until then, I’m gonna stick with snacks from Joy of Tea like those pork buns or the yummy curry chicken pockets. And if it’s a drink you’re after, take a look at our recent Tipsy Ducks in Love review!

As always, if snacking your way through Epcot is a favorite pastime of yours, check out our Disney Food Blog Mini-Guide to Epcot Snacks!

What’s your favorite snack or drink in China? Leave us a comment below and let us know!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/08/13/quick-bites-pot-stickers-and-pork-buns-in-epcots-china-pavilion/