Chilling on a Fort road... Pam & Starla's July 4 with the squatters

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

or, in my mother's words, "July 4 was weeks ago - are you ever coming home?" If given a choice I think we can all guess the answer to that one. It's a short one syllabel answer that might symbolically

Pam went to the pool and kicked some local's ass. How's that for trip reporting?

Oh don't be silly guys. That what fiends are for right? It was an epic derailment. I only hope what I write will be worthy. The pressure is on now. LOL even TCD can't say he broke a ff 200,000 post mi

Pam checks to find that durn Rebel is beating the tar out of her in the Shameless posting dept.... Go Rebel!. Sorry, forgot myself for a moment.

ahem... I leave to go pick up Starla at work and return home to find the rebel still beating the tar outa me... :facepalm:

Hold onto your shamelessness missy, you're way too far ahead... :nyd:

We can see you Pam.

I can see you there too, oh wealthy squatter king... hang onto those steaks, we got some business to do before we get to the rum or the steaks...

Just give me a sec to copy/paste a little and try miserably to keep up...

What is there to say. We have told a completely factual story of the events that transpired. only the names were changed to protect the innocent.

I am not sure about that whole innocent thing but as I was not on site....

You said she would accuse you of shamelessly posting. I do believe we are.

ask her where the shameless posting started...

I can see you there too, oh wealthy squatter king... hang onto those steaks, we got some business to do before we get to the rum or the steaks...

Just give me a sec to copy/paste a little and try miserably to keep up...

Ok I am waiting. But I have to say those steaks would be really nasty by now if I was holding them instead of having eaten them almost 2 months ago.

School was out. We had reservations for the 4th. The TT was loaded & ready to go. Starla had put in for an extra long vacation and didn't have to return to work until August. Summer vacation lay shimmering in front of us like sunrise on a lake. But before we could actually take off we had some business to do. And as it so happened that business was at the lake.

One of my friends owns a shop that sells sports/comic/diecast/action figure type collectibles. We enjoy each other's company and have gotten in the habit of working together for events. So, when she suggested we participate in the Codorus Summer Blast this year it took me less than a minute to jump right in. The plan was to enjoy 3 days at the lake, then head south in time to make it to the fort for the July 4 GG.

The Blast is an annual event for Coodorus State Park that gets bigger every year. It includes nature activities, kayak tours, carnival rides, live music, crafts, demonstrations, pontoon boat sales & tours, fireworks, food, and more. It's just an all out weekend of fun on the lake run solely by volunteers with proceeds going back into the park. This year was going to be extra special. A VIP was coming and excitement had been building for weeks.

For anyone who hasn't had the opportunity to enjoy a day at the lake full of pontoon boats, I offer the following example to set the mood...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0O0nzkESTI

mmmmmmmm... MOTORBOATING...

0624121301a.jpg

0624121301.jpg

0624121215b.jpg