Preferred or Premium site? We had preferred for our Christmas trip and loved it, but so far from the pool. I also hate the sand stuff because if we're leaving for a park, my 4 and 2 yr old can't stay out of it! And why on earth are the full hookups all (or most) pet friendly? I love dogs, but dh not so much. :-/

I think in most, if not all, cases the sites in the premium loops are larger than the preferred. The entrances to the premium loops have been widened over the last few years to make it easier for bigger RVs to back into. There also seems to be a little more room between sites in the premium compared to the preferred loops.

We also grew tired of the sand all through the trailer and now only stay in the premium loops for that reason.

Check out Brent's videos of the sites on youtube to get an idea of size. They can be found in this thread.

Premium are paved wider than preferred - i.e., where some preferred sites may have a strip of the coquina running down part of the side of the site, premiums are completely paved.

And yes, the premium sites in general, including the updates they did to them a few years ago, are geared to handling bigger rigs.

For comparison, here's one of the bigger preferred sites in 300...

6342435642_900d054c6f_b.jpg

The tricky part here (and it's the case in quite a few preferred sites) is the placement of the trees/utility boxes. We had about a very small margin to get the TT positioned exactly right so that the slideouts and awning fit.

Our site in the 300 loop, was at the start of the curve. It took several tries before we got it back in, utilities hookup, and still enough space to fit the truck BUT the lady next to us had a nice long class A.... so it depends on the site and the trees around it. Not to mention having hoses long enough....

Yeah, the Premium Loops are definitely wider than the preferred and full sites. It seems like I measured about three additional feet. That makes a huge difference when you want to use the space under the awning. I fit the camper, slide and outside area all on pavement with room to spare July 4th.