Alabama campers looking for spring break ideas

We are trying to decide where to go for Spring Break in March with DD. Fall back plan is the Fort but we want to look at all options. We are new to RVing this year. Traveling from Birmingham, AL. Any places you have been that are tons of fun for a week? 26' TT - would like full hook up if we can and don't mind a two day drive but not 14 hours each day.

Haven't checked the dates yet but a group of fiends get together every Easter week in Gettysburg, PA. You can check the Trip Reports section for pics from our last two Easter GGs in Gettysburg. Hersheypark is nearby. If you haven't seen Washington DC, that might be fun too and the cherry blossoms should be in bloom. IIRC when we lived in Ozark, AL the drive was around 15 hrs...

I really like Jekyll Island GA too. Not sure if it still takes place, but when we were kids they always had a huge Easter Egg hunt in the historic area. We spent nearly every spring break there and loved it.

Haven't checked the dates yet but a group of fiends get together every Easter week in Gettysburg, PA. You can check the Trip Reports section for pics from our last two Easter GGs in Gettysburg. Hersheypark is nearby. If you haven't seen Washington DC, that might be fun too and the cherry blossoms should be in bloom. IIRC when we lived in Ozark, AL the drive was around 15 hrs...

I really like Jekyll Island GA too. Not sure if it still takes place, but when we were kids they always had a huge Easter Egg hunt in the historic area. We spent nearly every spring break there and loved it.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I forgot about that one!! I to am looking for a place for spring break week, I might be willing to for go my fort plans to do a PA grand gathering.. we have the whole week of the 24th to the 30th to do nothing, ya'll need to get planning that thing!

Have heard good things about Topsail but we are not beach people. More mountain and lake folks!

If that is the case I would like to again recommend Smoky Bear Campground in Gatlinburg, TN. You are close enough to drive into town if you want to, but far enough away to avoid it if that is what you want.

Check out Starbuc's non-fort 4th of July trip report here:

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/2985-starbucs-non-fort-4th-of-july-tennessee-vacation/page__hl__+smoky%20+bear#entry67222