FWRR Tour - Carolwood Pacific WDW Un-Meeting

Yesterday we went over to the Carolwood Pacific meeting room at the Wilderness Lodge DVC building. We met Dave and saw Russell. Both were very busy talking to the many people interested in Disney railroads.

If you want more information on Disney railroads, one of the places you can go to is www.fortwildernessrailroad.com

Here's a few pictures from around the room.

DSCN9458-1.jpg

DSCN9464-1.jpg

Here is Dave Leaphart.

DSCN9457-1.jpg

If you're interested in FWRR, you can purchase these books and the mugs too.

DSCN9437-1.jpg

DSCN9438-1.jpg

Notice the spike and part of the track in the upper center of this picture.

DSCN9453-1.jpg

These are actual blueprints from the FWRR

DSCN9455-1.jpg

Here’s Russell’s train…I’m sure many of you will remember candy for the kids being dumped from those cars on Halloween night at the Fort.

Way in the back there is a VW Camper Van. Next to it is a tiny, purple FF.net sign. Sorry, but I forgot to get a closer picture.

DSCN9446-1.jpg

DSCN9445-1.jpg

DSCN9449-1.jpg

DSCN9442-1.jpg

DSCN9441-1.jpg

DSCN9435-1.jpg

Today we gathered with others interested in the FWRR. Dave lead a walk around the Fort telling stories of the FWRR and pointing out specific stops and areas that still exist within the Fort where you will find remnants of the old railroad. The walk had 11 different stops and was about 3 miles around the Fort.

That’s Dave on the left pointing out the FWRR stops by the Settlement.

DSCN9466-1.jpg

DSCN9467-1.jpg

Thanks to Dave, Russell and the many others for preserving a most important part of Disney history.

:jumpforjoy Karla, you're back at the fort! :jumpforjoy

Looks like a really fun & informative weekend. Your photos are terrific. Thanks for posting them. I hope one day we'll be able to see his display in person.

BTW is my favorite little chick magnet with you this trip? If so, give him a :bighug: for me!

:jumpforjoy Karla, you're back at the fort! :jumpforjoy

BTW is my favorite little chick magnet with you this trip? If so, give him a :bighug: for me!

Nope, sorry. But I will be sure to pass on the hugs. We had him with us for 10 weeks on an extended summer trip up to Maine, Acadia NP, and many places in between. We just returned him home about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Mom and Dad said it was time for him to stay home a while and rejoin the family. We're hoping to have him back with us to see the Christmas lights or maybe early next year. Hope our paths cross again sometime.