Dang it Karla!!! :banghead: I was going to include that in my TR. Saw if flying Sunday on the way home.

But do you have pics of it laying flat out with all kind of canisters around it and one giant gas truck in front of it?! :clint:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I guess the parent company, Aerophile, must have gotten the snags worked out. It was originally closed because its' sister balloon in Hong Kong sprung a leak and injured 5 people. I'll be glad to see it back because it added so much excitement to the DTD skyline!

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-01/news/os-disney-balloon-removed-20120701_1_balloon-accident-downtown-disney-hong-kong

Dang it Karla!!! :banghead: I was going to include that in my TR. Saw if flying Sunday on the way home.

oops2.gif ... or maybe... :raspberry2: ? ?

But do you have pics of it laying flat out with all kind of canisters around it and one giant gas truck in front of it?! :clint:

No...but I'll keep watching your TR for these pictures. 3D_emoticon_S166.gif

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Still nothing on the WDW schedule to indicate when the balloon will be flying with paying customers. Presumably once all testing and inspections are complete, there will be an official announcement.

The president of Aerophile has issued a statement saying ...

"After an incident with an Aerophile balloon at Ocean Park in Hong Kong, we have decided to suspend our operations of this type of balloons worldwide so we can conduct inspections on each of them.

"Nevertheless, the balloon of Orlando was scheduled to be replaced in November. Instead of re-inflating it after the inspection (which is a significant cost), we have decided to take it down for now and expedite the replacement work. We don't know when it will reopen yet but we hope soon."

From the Disney Parks Blog...

A New ‘Characters In Flight’ Balloon Will Soon Debut at Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on October 2nd, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Downtown Disney here at Walt Disney World Resort recently added a little “character” to its skyline thanks to the arrival of a new Characters in Flight balloon.

ncb910825SMALL.jpg

The balloon, which is currently being set up for operation, is the second balloon to be featured at Characters in Flight. As you can see above, this balloon features a new red, yellow and blue color scheme, as well as a new set of flying characters: Tinker Bell, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Dumbo, Jasmine and Aladdin.

Guests will be able to go on board once the balloon completes all its safety inspections, which we are being told will be sometime in the next week.

Keep watching the Disney Parks Blog for more on when Characters in Flight will open.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/10/a-new-characters-in-flight-balloon-will-soon-debut-at-downtown-disney-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Characters in Flight reportedly reopened October 5.

Cost to ride is:

Adults $18

Children ages 3-9 $12

Children under 3 are free

There is currently an early bird deal being offered prior to 10am, with an adult ticket price of $10. It's not clear at this point if this is a temporary or permanent offer.