Saw this come through and thought it might effect some of you. Disney World will now have an approved list of companies allowed to drop off and pick up scooters at the resorts.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/10/24/big-change-coming-for-wheelchair-rental-companies-at-disne/

I can kindof understand. One time when I was staying at Pop Century, I noticed not less than 30 ECVs at Bell Services for dropoff or pickup. If the company is not there for dropoff or pickup and the ECV is crap, who gets dumped on.... the Disney CMs. I'm guessing they are wanting to avoid that by only "approving" companies that have a good track record and not deliver crappy ECVs.

I'm glad we have our own.

I can kindof understand. One time when I was staying at Pop Century, I noticed not less than 30 ECVs at Bell Services for dropoff or pickup. If the company is not there for dropoff or pickup and the ECV is crap, who gets dumped on.... the Disney CMs. I'm guessing they are wanting to avoid that by only "approving" companies that have a good track record and not deliver crappy ECVs.

I'm glad we have our own.

Thats about what I figured as well.

There was some squawking about this recently out on the interwebz... namely that the "approved" vendors were (as one person reported) a lot more expensive. Not sure if that's true, but I can totally see how this could be a big ol' mess at the resorts - nevermind liability issues, complaints, etc.

I gather it's a bigger deal with some companies than others - particularly those that only schedule deliveries once a day. I guess if those companies want to keep the business they're going to have to find a way to be more flexible.