I went and dug out an old photo album that I knew had some WDW pictures. I figured you guys would enjoy. They are dated 1972. My mom even saved a few other things that I scanned to help explain the pictures, and just for nostalgia. Sorry the quality isn't great, but it was almost 40 years ago! :dance:

I lived in NY until 1983 so we traveled once a year for a month to Florida. Disney, Daytona Beach, Cypress gardens (which I also found pics of :banana:) Dad, Mom, and I drove down and always stopped at South of The Border. I believe this first one is there? Maybe someone can help me on that. REMEMBER......this was the 70's!!! :rofl2:

WDW1972002.jpg

A few MK pictures which looked so strange...and bare!

WDW1972003.jpg

WDW1972004.jpg

WDW1972005.jpg

WDW1972006.jpg

WDW1972007.jpg

WDW1972008.jpg

WDW1972009.jpg

WDW1972010.jpg

WDW1972011.jpg

Continued in next post: Fun "stuff" and explanation on why MK looked so bare!

Terrific thread!!

Any chance the first photo was the old Circus World in Orlando, which I *think* was actually run by Ringling?

We went there in 1979.  It had one of the first loop coasters, that was literally a loop and that's it, then you went backwards.  I think I rode the thing about 35 times in one day.

IIRC it was replaced by (or near) Boardwalk and Baseball... which then became something else.

Terrific thread!!

Any chance the first photo was the old Circus World in Orlando, which I *think* was actually run by Ringling?

We went there in 1979.  It had one of the first loop coasters, that was literally a loop and that's it, then you went backwards.  I think I rode the thing about 35 times in one day.

IIRC it was replaced by (or near) Boardwalk and Baseball... which then became something else.

Wow, that could be Circus World. I'll have to ask mom.

If it was 1972, it wasn't Circus World.  Circus World didn't open until 1974.  It was a really cheezy place.  Then in the mid to late 80's it became Baseball & Boardwalk - but was still cheezy.  It was permanently closed in 1990. The plans for the property was to turn it into a big residential area & shopping district, in fashion with Celebration.  Now, it's just a cheezy shopping center that was so badly planned, you have to drive from one store to another.

I like Cheez-It's.

Ah..... The Best Thread of 2010!  Wish there was a way we could retrieve that one from the abyss.

I just happen to know the person who started that thread...  Maybe I can convince her to dig out those pics one more time...  :barf:

Whatdya say, Kim???  :bravo:

Ah..... The Best Thread of 2010!  Wish there was a way we could retrieve that one from the abyss.

I just happen to know the person who started that thread...  Maybe I can convince her to dig out those pics one more time...  :dance:

Whatdya say, Kim???  :yay:

Please!? Please!? Please!?    :barf:  :bravo:  :banana:

If it was 1972, it wasn't Circus World.  Circus World didn't open until 1974.  It was a really cheezy place.  Then in the mid to late 80's it became Baseball & Boardwalk - but was still cheezy.  It was permanently closed in 1990. The plans for the property was to turn it into a big residential area & shopping district, in fashion with Celebration.  Now, it's just a cheezy shopping center that was so badly planned, you have to drive from one store to another.

I like Cheez-It's.

Well, it's a mystery to me! I looked up Circus world, but it didn't show any pictures like that building. Hoping Mom remembers! I was only 2, so I don't remember much. :D

I'll add a couple from 1979...

Meadow Trading Post.  Look closely & you'll see the train tracks in front...

EarlyMeadows.jpg

Another of Meadow Trading Post area on the 600 loop side...

Meadow1979.jpg

A picture of our Class C motor home in site 915.  Notice how dense the vegetation is and that the site is ashphalt...

Site9151979.jpg

I just happen to know the person who started that thread...  Maybe I can convince her to dig out those pics one more time...  :banana:

Whatdya say, Kim???  :banana:

Please!? Please!? Please!?    :partytwo:  :banana:  :banana:

You betcha!  I've already broken the links to Voldemort but the pics are in Photobucket ready to go.  :banana: