I believe this has been mentioned on here before that purchasing tickets through Disney's YES program is a great way to have a budget trip, as well as adding a bit more "education" to your WDW trip.

We utilized this great program in January, my niece and Gracie had a great time in their class and my pocketbook loved the savings on ticket costs. HOWEVER, there must be someone, somewhere that was getting one over on the Mouse cause the program is COMPLETELY changed for 2013!! :banghead:

Tickets are still discounted, just not as deeply and hardly at all for Adults not attending the class as a chaperone. Looks like its about the same as Undercover Tourist's discounts. Classes are also changed up, almost like they took a look at the ages covered and reevaluted them. There's only one class that Gracie (as a 7YO) is eligible for now.

Basically, tickets for our trip in January for the 4 of us were about $170 a person. If we participate in the YES program for our February 2013 trip, we're looking at 4 day starter tickets (no frills) at $874.12 for the 4 of us. I know its not much more, and still a great deal for a great program but still a hit on the wallet.

Here's the link if anyone is interested. :wave1:

www.studentguest.com/yes

I was told in September that the 2013 changes would be "significant". After seeing them I agree. I don't mind increasing prices but IMO if we're paying close to gate prices then they should be comparable tickets, without the YES restrictions/expiration attached.

I'd hoped for some new class options but the offerings look more restructured than fresh. Worse yet, the price I saw for the 8 day+ tickets for chaperoning adult looked like full price with no discount. **sigh** To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

Given the changes, my suggestion for those who plan to participate would be to order tickets for the children in your party and one adult. Then when you pick up your tickets - BEFORE you use them - upgrade to a longer pass, unexpiring, or an AP for whatever ticket type best meets your needs. YES tickets aren't refundable and you can't upgrade them after use but you can usually apply the value of an unused ticket as long as it's done before the expiration date. The youth tickets are still a good deal IMO so, if we do it, we'll likely only upgrade the adult. There'd have to be a class DD11 really wanted though for me to sign up in 2013...

Have you run the numbers Judy? Unless they changed it, you can still buy all the under 18 tickets and only need to purchase one adult. As long as you enter all the youth names on the same form, all kids get the same discount. It wouldn't matter if you signed each up for a class or just one, as long as they're all listed as chaperoned by the same adult.

I think for a family with 3 or more kids, it's still be a good deal. Just not as good as in previous years.

Judy, I was just playing and with our family of 7 we could save over $500 on the park tickets. That's just for 5 day base tickets. So wish I had known about this last year!! Love the idea of the classes! The kids would have loved it! Next time no question. If available, this is the way to go.

Judy, I was just playing and with our family of 7 we could save over $500 on the park tickets. That's just for 5 day base tickets. So wish I had known about this last year!! Love the idea of the classes! The kids would have loved it! Next time no question. If available, this is the way to go.

maybe I looked at the numbers wrong... Lord knows I have the attention span of a nat these days.. :rofl2: