Restaurant.com is a great way to save some money..

Not sure if this would help anyone, but Restaurant.com may be able to save you some money (at Disney or at home). I found them through Mousesavers.com (where a code was offered).  I was able to purchase a certificate for $25 discount for the Garden-Grove buffet at the Swan. The discount coupon only cost me $2 with the code, and I was able to purchase it using Paypal. I have since used restaurant.com for some restaurants closer to home and have been very happy with each purchase.  :parrot:

The hospital I work for gave us a card for 25 bucks at Christmas.  At first, I was excited - hey, I can take the wife out on the hospital.  Then I went online and tried to redeem it and found out it was a discount off your tab at restaurants we never go to.  So to save 25 bucks, I had to spend 50 bucks at a restaurant I didn't like.  I guess if you can find a discount someplace you normally go to, it is worthwhile.

The way I used it was I first went onto their site and checked out the list of participating restaurants. I saw that the buffet at the Swan had a deal on the site so I then purchased the discount for that restaurant. The fact that Mousesavers gave a discount code making it only cost me $2 was the clincher for me. I wouldn't have paid full price. I then went back a different time and typed in restaurants in my home city and picked out one that took $15 off a lunch tab (also costing me $2). This brought my lunch at this upscale restaurant cost me not much more than a McDonald's value meal!

I do agree with you that there are lots of places I wouldn't probably eat at, but having searched and found a few that I liked worked out for us.  :beer:

There are a few other restaurants at Disney that you can get Restaurant.com certificates for...

Shula's Steak House (Swan & Dolphin)

bluezoo (Swan & Dolphin)

Il Mulino (Swan & Dolphin)

Kimonos (Swan & Dolphin)

House of Blues (Downtown Disney)

Loads of restaurants nearby too.

• 2 weeks later...