Article about taking the train to WDW

When I was about 16-ish my family took the train from Worcester to FL.

My sister was 14 at the time and my brother was 6. We kids thought it was a blast - mostly because my sister and I let us roam the train on our own (not sure that would be a good idea these days). Not sure my parents loved it so much.

We had just regular reclining seats for the trip and it IIRC it took about a day and a half-ish. I do remember that the ride itself was mostly pretty boring.

Best part was that while we were in FL we went to the long-gone Circus World and I won a huge stuffed dog for my brother - probably at least 4' tall. Lucky for us the train wasn't full on the way home because if it was, my parents would have had to buy that thing a seat!

I don't remember any rides. Not on my videos of CW. I just remember the big tent, the circus, and the clowns! And the elephants -- they were awesome.

I never got to go to the circus as a child -- not enough money -- and CW fulfilled all my fantasies!

My dad took the train (regular Amtrak not auto train) about 2 years ago. Said it was awful. Now keep in mind he is spoiled from the auto train. He didn't like how it made stops and people were getting off and on and he rode with some questionable people (thankfully he was able to move an sit with a nice Amish family).

I can't imagine riding the train would be all puppies and rainbows like this article suggest.

I wish the autotrain started farther north.

I also went to Circusworld, and it was also empty. It must have been the early eighties. I would have done the looping out-and-back coaster several times, but it was such a cold night that the coaster was barely making it through the loop and back up to the other end, so thjey shut it down. We did the wooden coaster, Florida Hurricane, until my Dad was nauseous, though.