Legal residents would have voting rights and Disney does not want anyone to have voting rights in the RCID except for Disney, or entities affiliated with Disney.

The town of Celebration was de-annexed in 1994 because residents would have input in the RCID. Didn't Disney know that residents would be able vote when they built it? How would you like to have bought there because it was on Disney property, with Disney having control over much of what went on there, and then have the rug pulled out from under you by Disney leaving.

Wonder how Golden Oaks will work?

Wonder how Golden Oaks will work?

Good question.

Golden Oaks is not technically located at WDW. Surprise you rich schmucks that think you're part of WDW. It's not part of RCID, it's part of Orange County which provides GO's services.

Golden Oaks is not owned by the parent company, Disney, it's owned and operated by a DIsney subsidiary which was formed specifically to do it, called Golden Oaks Realty.

So while it appears that it's part of WDW, it's really not and the residents will not vote on any RCID issues.

Disney learned its lesson with Celebration.

If I have a permanent address in FL but use a mail forwarding service to the fort that would work, right?

I would check "Escapees" they're based in TX and TX has no income tax either. I know several people who do that including vehicle registration. From what I understand the "Escapees" TX address in your perm and they do have a mail forwarding service.