they will have you park in the overflow lot. Some of us (not me) checked in before 5 am and waited for the phone message that their site was ready while they looped in their cart. And called us at 7am to get there, I don't do 7am

We usually get there early.  They will go ahead and check you in and give you all your paperwork  and keys to the kingdom cards. You can leave them your  cell number and they will text you your site number when it becomes available.  You can either park in the overflow lot and catch a bus to anywhere on Disney property or break out the bikes and go exploring, put on your swim suites and hit the pool, or go make your supply run to Wally world or a grocery store.  Of course if your site is ready they will let you in early but I would have a backup plan ready. 

We almost always get to the Fort around 11 a.m. Been pretty lucky,all but one trip were were able to get on our site right away.

That time we went to the overflow lot and had lunch. By the time we were finished we got a call saying our site was ready. :banana:

We go down one day early and stay in a nearby CG. Which allows us to have a good nights rest and get to the

Fort early. Last yr we looped 900, spied out a site, called the desk and got into our site before ck in time. :banana: