I think my hubby and I have found a floor plan we both like.

http://www.rvwholesalers.com/new-rvs/view.php?ccode=135957077295029

The 21ss has more room then most campers we have looked at. I want a real camper = Hard sides. I remember camping as a young child in a pop up and still can remember,that hot sticky yucky feeling(before airconditioners). I like my comforts(bathroom) I have a 5yr old girl. Plus, the Crankiest husband ever needs his space. Not to mention I would like to bring the pup. So I am looking for the good, the bad and even the your crazy.

Plus how do I figure out if my 2003 suburban 1500 can pull it.

This will be our first camper, but I have hauled horses, but that was in a previous life(before child) with a real truck f250 diesel.

Mostly local hauls but would loved to see Disney and not have to pay for a cabin.

I can't believe they are only posting pictures with it buttoned up. Those large doors on either end as seen from the outside are beds and fold out with canvas sides and tops. We had a Kiwi hybrid and if you are interested in a compromise between a pop up for that outdoors feel and a hardside for that feeling of security, they are the way to go. You seem to indicate you don't like the canvas of the popup, though. They are not without their problems, and the main one is leakage around the ends when they are closed. We ended up with some floor rot in our Kiwi which I repaired but traded it in afterwards.

I know a lot of people like to buy from places like RVWholesalers, I personally am not one of them, but that's just my opinion. I see you are from Southern Jersey. If you don't mind a little drive, take a trip to Fretz RV in Souderton, PA and have a look around. I have dealt with them a couple times and they have great service and competitive prices. They carry Jayco which makes hybrids as well as popups and hardsides, and a couple other brands, too.

My dog would be crated when we are away from the trailer and she isn't with us.  I don't mind the canvas.  I was more of a bathroom and floor plan size that drew us past the starter type pop ups.  Plus being married to someone in Law enforcement make you think of security.  I realize campers are not really secure...lol

We had a Jayco 23B and Loved it. We sold it last Fall as it was starting to get a little small for us. We are a family of 6.

Ah, well then, in that case, I like that it has a slide and will give you more floor space then the hybrids that don't have the slide.

There is no counter space.  If you want coffee or toast while you are using the stove on days you are not cooking outside, you will need to get something to cover the sink to use that space.

But other than that, it is pretty cute.  It looks like it has some decent inside storage with the linen closet by the bathroom and the overhead by the booth and couch area and under the benches.

We have a Rockwood travel trailer. We have been very satisfied with it! We had a Starcraft hybrid for 4 yrs. I loved it and probably my favorite camper! Before that we had a starcraft pop up that we used for yrs and yrs!  The hybrid  still let us have the outdoors feeling of camping but have a full kitchen, fridge, bath, cabinets, AC. What I really liked was that it had three beds that let out and stayed up like the pop up. We never had a problem with canvas on pop up or hybrid. I think the biggest thing is never putting them up wet! If we had to leave a campground in the rain going home, the first thing my husband did when we got home was to let the beds out for a few days untill they dried good. The reason that we traded it was my husband started finding water in the front storage area  and believed the floor was starting to have a soft spot. I  never found the mattress wet but my husband  thought it may be leaking around the rim of the front bed when the bed was folded up and just sitting at home. I think a cover would have taken care of that but he traded it for a travel trailer. But I really liked our hybrid!

Just wanted to add. My travel trailer has your Roo floor plan, your kitchen on one side and the sofa and table being on the other and the pull out. I like this floor plan really well. I don't like the kitchen beside the bed(like my hybrid had) or by the sofa. I had the same bathroom in my hybrid that your roo has. It was a lot better than my bath now in my travel trailer. I have a tub but the toilet sits in front of the vanity! My least favorite bathroom and I knew that before we bought it! Its just it had everything else we wanted. I did not have much counter top space in my hybrid. We added a small counter top that let up and down.We had them try to match it to the counter top I had. They missed a little! I've also seen pictures of people doing this with a wood cutting board. When the extra counter was up it stuck out in front of the sofa, like yours may in front of the door. But it was very handy when cooking and easy to let down after. We also added two sink covers and cover for the stove. This made me a counter top area! Even if we grill we sometimes like to bring the food inside and set it on the counter top and everyone fix their plate inside out of the flies!

DSC01724.jpg

This is two sink covers my husband made out of two cutting boards from Walmart for our travel trailer we have now. It actually came with one big one but I find it better to have  two , one for each side. I added this magazine rack at the bottom and also one is added at the top but this picture doesn't show it. This camper came with an additional add on counter space. But I liked the one that let up and down better. It was smaller but I did use it. This one stays under the sofa for the most part!