Discounted Discover Disney Florida Resident Tix at Publix

You can now buy 3 and 4 day passes at the supermarket.  Here is the story!

http://www.chipandco.com/discounted-discover-disney-florida-resident-tickets-now-available-publix-supermarkets-295907/

tickets

The Discover Disney tickets are only available for Florida Residents and offer a substantial savings off the regular park ticket rates.

The tickets can be purchased for 3 or 4 days. Here is the pricing:

• 3-day Discover Disney ticket for Adults and Children (ages 3+) $169.34
  • 4-day Discover Disney ticket for Adults and Children (ages 3+): $190.64

article excerpt and picture courtesy of chipandco.com

Just now, Seals said:

"Proof of Florida residency is required. "

Show proof to buy or to use?   Is this similar to the Canadian offer where you get a certificate and then show it at the gate with ID to exchange for actual ticket?

I once read online, I try to find it again but I can’t, and that as long as you buy it in Florida you don’t have to be a Florida resident. That they do not ask for proof of residency at the parks. Please do not assume this is the case on these tickets.  

I am going off my bad memory and the rumor I read once a few years agoI am going off my bad memory and the rumor I read once a few years ago

1 hour ago, Seals said:

"Proof of Florida residency is required. "

Show proof to buy or to use?   Is this similar to the Canadian offer where you get a certificate and then show it at the gate with ID to exchange for actual ticket?

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I once read online, I try to find it again but I can’t, and that as long as you buy it in Florida you don’t have to be a Florida resident. That they do not ask for proof of residency at the parks. Please do not assume this is the case on these tickets.  

I am going off my bad memory and the rumor I read once a few years agoI am going off my bad memory and the rumor I read once a few years ago

I don't know about these tickets from Publix but I do know in the past when we have bought Florida resident tickets off property we had to redeem them before use and were required to show proof of residency.

1 hour ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I don't know about these tickets from Publix but I do know in the past when we have bought Florida resident tickets off property we had to redeem them before use and were required to show proof of residency.

Again, I’m going off of my bad memory. In the old story I vaguely remembered said something about the cards they bought were there actual tickets. And they did not have to redeem them. It was that ever a thing in Florida?Again, I’m going off of my bad memory. In the old story I vaguely remembered said something about the cards they bought were there actual tickets. And they did not have to redeem them. It was that ever a thing in Florida?