The bargain was in poor shape. High and dry meant 20 + years in the Florida sun in an apartment complex parking lot. The body was plastic, brittle to the touch and all 4 corners were destroyed by shopping carts. I can do repairs, but that was way past my skill level. I had asked my wife about buying it to convert to a storage trailer but we both decided against it.

The bargain was in poor shape. High and dry meant 20 + years in the Florida sun in an apartment complex parking lot. The body was plastic, brittle to the touch and all 4 corners were destroyed by shopping carts. I can do repairs, but that was way past my skill level. I had asked my wife about buying it to convert to a storage trailer but we both decided against it.

Hey Travisma did you see this post that was put up today. 

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/10921-used-popup-for-sale/#entry297659

As far as pop ups go, earlier canvas that is not the vinyl outside may not have any holes in it but it can and will become brittle.  That would mean replacing at the cost of about $1K.  It takes about 2 hours to replace it.  Colemans, pre 2003, had a fiberglass roof that became brittle and that is no fun either.  I have seen air conditioners sinking down a couple of inches and being held up by a support beam.  Look for lots of patching on the roof for that.  There are a lot of those out there for sale....lol.  If you get it cheap enough and don't mind replacing the roof, then go for it.

As someone said earlier, check inside the cabinets of Trailers for evidence of being wet, soft or wavy coverings.  I saw a beautiful trailer once that looked great until I looked in there and OH BOY! 

Age has nothing to do with condition.  It's all in how it was kept up.  Don't pay for sentimental value when buying.  People have asked way over book value by saying we loved this camper.  Yes, but it's still valued at $$$ in good condition.

Sometimes a new camper can be had for less than a used one a couple of years old.  They paid more then and want their money back.  Example, my 2013 is valued used at $1500 more than I paid for it a year ago.  Financing can be an affordable option on a new one. 

Have fun searching!