Typhoon Lagoon OR Blizzard Beach OR Disney Quest with a 4 year old?

My convention tickets in July come with a bonus of 1 entry to either Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, or Disney Quest (or golf, but we're not considering that). My mom was thinking about taking Z on one of the days I'm in the conference.

The issue is that he's 4 and only 40 inches, so I'm not sure what he can do at any of them. Looking at the height restrictions at the water parks, I'm worried they couldn't ride much. I've heard Disney Quest is smelly and sucks.

So which would you choose in this situation, or should they not do any and just hang out at the Poly pool?

Grandma and Z should stay at the Poly pool.  Then take the monorail to the Contemporary and boat to FW.  Z can ride a pony and play on the playground, and then they can head back the way they came.

4 is too young to enjoy DQ.  And, even though there are play areas for younger children at the waterparks- they aren't really much more than a few small slides and some shallow water for the kids to splash in.  They can do that at the Poly.  Also, all the resorts have organized activities for the kids at the pools.  Z can do that too.  Save the waterparks for when he's a bit older.

TCD

Grandma and Z should stay at the Poly pool.  Then take the monorail to the Contemporary and boat to FW.  Z can ride a pony and play on the playground, and then they can head back the way they came.

4 is too young to enjoy DQ.  And, even though there are play areas for younger children at the waterparks- they aren't really much more than a few small slides and some shallow water for the kids to splash in.  They can do that at the Poly.  Also, all the resorts have organized activities for the kids at the pools.  Z can do that too.  Save the waterparks for when he's a bit older.

TCD

I was thinking that would be the case. And Z LOVES thrill rides, so he might be upset he can't ride "the good stuff."  He loves the ponies and playground at the Fort, so that and the Poly pool could fill their day.

Can you believe the Poly doesn't have a playground? 

If you have the tickets and don't want to waste them, Blizzard Beach would be my choice. The wave pool is not as strong as Typhoon Lagoon so he could swim in that, plus the kids area and the lazy river. He could probably get onto some of the other slides as well, so he gets the thrill as well. It wouldn't take up a whole day, but could kill an afternoon while you're in the conference.

DQ is too loud and most of the games are older and it gets crowded, so not sure how much fun a 4 year old would have in there. I only do DQ when we get in free.

I was thinking that would be the case. And Z LOVES thrill rides, so he might be upset he can't ride "the good stuff."  He loves the ponies and playground at the Fort, so that and the Poly pool could fill their day.

Can you believe the Poly doesn't have a playground? 

Yeah.

And unless they added one when I wasn't looking-they don't have a hot tub.

The Fort has two!

Also- if they do want to do a waterpark- I agree with Devores- Blizzard Beach would have more to do for a 4 year old- and their wave pool is way tamer than Typhoon Lagoon's, and I think the kid's area is bigger.  For older kids, it's the opposite- the TL wave pool is awesome, and the Crushin' Gusher is way cooler than anything they have at BB.  Shark Reef is also a lot of fun.

A couple of years ago, I bought some after 2 pm annual passes for the waterparks.  Even though we could go to both waterparks, we almost always went to TL.

TCD

Not a fan of water parks so I tend to agree with TCD on this one.  Then maybe you could give your pass to one of the other conference attendees who may have more than one kid that wants to go?  Would you still have to buy one for Grandma?

OTOH I concur with Dave if you had to choose, BB is definitely more suited for younger children.  I seem to recall the play area for that age is also more separated from the "big stuff" more so than TL, but I could be way off, or backwards, or thinking of Summer Waves or Hersheypark.  Ha!

My boys liked both but prefer TL for the bigger waves.

Not a fan of water parks so I tend to agree with TCD on this one.  Then maybe you could give your pass to one of the other conference attendees who may have more than one kid that wants to go?  Would you still have to buy one for Grandma?

OTOH I concur with Dave if you had to choose, BB is definitely more suited for younger children.  I seem to recall the play area for that age is also more separated from the "big stuff" more so than TL, but I could be way off, or backwards, or thinking of Summer Waves or Hersheypark.  Ha!

My boys liked both but prefer TL for the bigger waves.

My understanding is that it will be part of our tickets on our KTTW card, not something we can give to others. My mom, Z, and I will all have those conference tickets, so we will have 3 admissions to one of those places. We don't HAVE to use them. The conference tickets are still a good deal without them, about $20 cheaper than UCT. 

I didn't know the waterpark tickets for everyone were already paid for.

Now I change my answer.

All of you need to go to Blizzard Beach.

The kiddie area and the "wave" pool are fun.

It seems like the height requirement on the family raft ride was pretty short- Z may be tall enough for that and the fake ski lift up to the top.  If he is, then it's worth going just for that.  Especially since you already have the tickets and can't do anything else with them.

TCD

I'd do BB too! without a doubt, especially since it's included. Love the preschool area there but you'll want to be sure to take along watershoes b/c all that white concrete is brutal on little feet. The photopass CMs at BB are awesome too and get those water shots that make it truly memorable...

OK- I just looked, and it looks like Z is plenty tall to ride the fake chair lift to the top of the mountain at BB and ride the family raft ride down.  it looks like the height requirement for the chair lift is 32" and I couldn't find one for the family raft ride- so I guess everyone can ride that one.

As I said, that alone makes it worth going.

TCD

From the mouse.

Teamboat Springs

Take up to six people on one of the world’s longest group water raft rides. No infants.

Chairlift (32" or taller)

Ride this chairlift to the top of the mountain — with access to Summit Plummet, Slush Gusher and Teamboat Springs. No food, drinks, loose articles or bags.