From the Disney Food Blog...

Fun Finds: More Obscure and Awesome Disney Food Merchandise…
May 15th, 2013 by Erin.

During our recent travels to Walt Disney World, AJ and I ran into some weird and random food-related merchandise in many Disney shops. Here’s a little tour of what’s for sale in the World these days (descriptions are our humble opinions…).

Ceramic 1971 Magic Kingdom Tumbler

Nostalgia is big when it comes to Disney merch right now, and there’s nothing out there quite like this ceramic 1971 MK tumbler. It even comes with a swirly straw and rubber cap.

Magic-Kingdom-1971-Ceramic-Tumbler-600x4

Magic Kingdom 1971 Ceramic Tumbler

Kind of Creepy Mickey Bottle Opener

I’ll be honest — this bottle opener creeps me out in the same way the BoardWalk Inn clown slide does. BUT, it’s for sale all over the parks on both coasts, so people must love it!

Mickey-bottle-opener-600x279.jpg

Mickey Bottle Opener

Princess Fascinator

This Ariel fascinator (tiny hat) displays a dinglehopper disguised as a fork. Note the coral-esque “feathers” on the left.

IMG_4108-600x450.jpg

Diva Pot Holders

This new kitchen series features a potholder/dishtowel combination. The Tink version says “Domestic Diva,” the Cinderella version says, “I don’t do dishes,” and the Minnie version says, “Desperate Housewife.” Hmmmmm.

IMG_3892-468x625.jpg

Japanese Cosmetics/Pencil Bags

I always love scoping out the bags at Mitsukoshi Department Store in Epcot’s Japan, and these were a great find. This one says “Hansel and Gretel go to the sweet house in the forest.”

Sweet-House-Bag-600x365.jpg

Hansel and Gretel and the Sweet House Bag

And this one depicts Alice in Wonderland’s Mad Hatter tea party…complete with door mouse!

Tea-Party-Bag-600x327.jpg

Alice in Wonderland Tea Party Bag

Sippy Cups

I almost thought this little cutie was a new form of Vinylmation, but really it’s a sippy cup. Fun!

IMG_3491-600x450.jpg

Boot Shots

Not only can you find cute boot glasses in Disneyland’s Golden Horseshoe, you can even find miniature versions of them in Epcot’s Germany! Three little boots = three little shots.

Boot-Shots-600x400.jpg

Boot Shots from Germany

Two for One Mickey Bar necklaces

These come in a pair so you can keep one and share one with your BFF. That’s almost like sharing a real Mickey Bar. (Oh wait, that’s not something I’ve ever done icon_smile.gif )

IMG_0228-600x450.jpg

Bottle Kimonos

Come on. Everyone needs one of these. You can find yours in Epcot’s Japan.

Bottle-Kimonos-413x625.jpg

Bottle Kimono in Epcot's Japan

Wine Glasses

If hand blown goblets are out of your price range, these $15.00 Minnie-stemmed wine glasses are a great alternative.

IMG_3555-468x625.jpg

Lightyear Candy

OK, I’ve seen this all over the place and I can’t quite figure out what it is. Is it candy? Is it a game? Is it a candy game?

Lightyear-Candy-600x557.jpg

Lightyear Candy

Eraser Heaven

Again in Japan at Epcot, these darling erasers are over in the stationery section. I must confess that I bought the one on the top right and have a mini “tea party” happening on my office desk right now. Why is everything in Japan so stinkin’ cute?

Japan-Erasers-600x359.jpg

Japan Erasers

Official Oktoberfest Beverage Glove

I know some folks who are going to need this for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival… . Find it in Epcot’s Germany!

Oktoberfest-Beverage-Glove-353x625.jpg

Oktoberfest Beverage Glove

Not-Really-The-Monorail-But-Kinda-Looks-Like-The-Monorail Bento Dish

This Bento dish isn’t a Disney branded product, but it ought to be. I mean, it’s the monorail, right? OK, OK, we know it’s the bullet train thanks to our commenters here, but still…

IMG_4236-600x450.jpg

Alrighty! That’s just a sampling of the awesomeness we found on our recent visits!! Be sure to share what you’re finding by sending us a twitter or facebook message and pic! icon_smile.gif And don’t forget to head over to DisneyStore.com to see if any of this great stuff is available there.

What’s coming home with YOU from your next Disney trip?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/05/15/fun-finds-more-obscure-and-awesome-disney-food-merchandise/

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know where to find the stemware with Mickey or Minnie as the stem (as shown above)? We've looked everywhere. every time one breaks I have to pay an arm and a leg to replace it off eBay! (Btw, I've never broken even one, but I shan't say who has).

Anybody know where to find the stemware with Mickey or Minnie as the stem (as shown above)? We've looked everywhere. every time one breaks I have to pay an arm and a leg to replace it off eBay! (Btw, I've never broken even one, but I shan't say who has).

http://www.disneystore.com/personalizable-mickey-mouse-glass-goblet-by-arribas/mp/1311071/1000350/

Try this link.

You might also try Arribas Bros. In downtown disney.

LOL!

I have seen glass boots like that for sale of eBay with a Hoop Dee Doo logo.

How much are they charging for the root beer slush in the boot?

And, did the Lone Ranger wear glass boots?

TCD

$9 - from the Disney Food Blog...

Pecos-Bill-Root-Beer-Slush-in-Magic-King

Pecos Bill Root Beer Slush in Magic Kingdom

Pecos-Bill-Root-Beer-Slush-410x625.jpg

Pecos Bill Root Beer Slush

The boot cup says “Lone Ranger” on the front, with a white star surrounded by the words Texas Rangers. I love the little spur on the back!

Pecos-Bill-Root-Beer-Slush-2-383x625.jpg

Souvenir Boot Cup With Root Beer Slush

Root-Beer-Slush-with-Boot-on-Menu-600x34

Root Beer Slush with Boot on Menu

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/06/09/new-root-beer-slush-in-a-souvenir-boot-and-chicken-sandwich-at-pecos-bill-in-disney-world/

• 2 weeks later...

Starting Saturday, June 22nd, while supplies last, the Lone Ranger Boot Mug will be available at the  Golden Horseshoe, Magic Kingdom,  served with soft drink or root beer float...

LoneRanger-BootMug-RootbeerFloat.jpg

Interesting.

I guess the root beer slush wasn't a big seller?

How did no one see that coming?

So, are they selling these things at both Pecos Bill's and the Golden Horseshoe?

TCD

Starting Saturday, June 22nd, while supplies last, the Lone Ranger Boot Mug will be available at the  Golden Horseshoe, Magic Kingdom,  served with soft drink or root beer float...

LoneRanger-BootMug-RootbeerFloat.jpg

Hang on here a minute, isn't the Golden Horseshoe in Disneyland?

Disney World has the Diamond Horseshoe.

Are those Food Blog people giving us bad info?

TCD

Hang on here a minute, isn't the Golden Horseshoe in Disneyland?

Disney World has the Diamond Horseshoe.

Are those Food Blog people giving us bad info?

TCD

Busted!  And this time it's not the DFB's fault.

The handy flyer I saw didn't specify the park and I missed the Golden vs Diamond connection.

So.... let's go back to the fact that you can get just these at Pecos Bill's with soda in them.  :clint:

Must. Have. 1971 Tumbler! Wonder if they're selling them on disneystore.com.

I'd be surprised if they aren't. They're in EVERY giftshop in WDW. I've had one in my hand a couple of times, but keep putting it down. They also have a coffee mug that's similar.

If you have ten bucks burning a hole in your pocket and you don't want to bother going all the way to WDW and drinking root beer slush, you can buy a vintage Hoop Dee Doo cowboy boot mug on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Vtg-fort-wilderness-HOOP-DEE-DOO-REVUE-Cowboy-Boot-Glass-Mug-/300916505001?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46100579a9

$T2eC16d,!zEE9s3!Y8ZTBRYb(9NjSw~~60_12.J

$T2eC16dHJHwE9n8ii-zGBRYbZETyW!~~60_12.J

Looks just like the Lone Ranger one.

TCD