Encore Cast Performance Arts

If you're into stage musicals, and are going to be around WDW from July 19 through the 28th, this is for you.

Encore Cast Performance Arts will be putting on it's annual summer show. This year's show is called "The Art of the Possible", the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber. It will be held at the Premier Theater located at Hollywood Studios.

If it's like previous years, it will be a top notch production even though everyone is a CM or a relative of a CM. Tickets are very reasonable and as usual, 100% of the proceeds are donated to a local charity.

We went last year and were blown away. Even though the theatre is in the park, a park ticket is not required.

http://www.vendini.com/e/viewEmail.php?cpid=153279113&memberID=0b2d612d33ca8804c5333619a0a0bd03

Hi Lou,

Sunday July 28th. I had never heard of this until I saw your post. Actually, until I joined this group - I thought I knew a LOT about WDW. Now, I see there's still so much to discover!!

BTW - I really get a kick out of reading your posts!!

Amanda

For goodness sake,,, don't encourage him!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Crud - I wish I was going tomorrow night instead of Sunday. HDDR tomorrow night. I'll be eager to hear (see) what you think!!

I'll be eager to hear (see) what you think!!

I'll post something, but based on the quote below from the linked article, and previous shows, it should be great.

These performers are as talented as any you’ll find on Broadway. And it’s not just singing, this is a full production with a live orchestra, a choir, dancers, singers and actors. 

I'll be eager to hear (see) what you think!!

I'll post something, but based on the quote below from the linked article, and previous shows, it should be great.

These performers are as talented as any you’ll find on Broadway. And it’s not just singing, this is a full production with a live orchestra, a choir, dancers, singers and actors.

Fantastic!

My review from last night's performance, great, absolutely great, and at times amazing.

It appeared to be sold out and it's no wonder why.

As a professional musician for a number of years, and an avid musical theatre and concert goer, I'm always in awe at the level of talent at the "Encore" productions. The performers are either CMs, relatives of CMs, or friends of CMs, who volunteer their time for a good cause. The production is equal to or better than just about any professional Broadway type play you'll see. 

The sound of the 65 piece symphonic orchestra, yup, 65 pieces, filled the hall. The huge 150 member choir needless to say was tremendous. 

At $35 for the best seats, it has to be one of best entertainment values anywhere in the Orlando area.

For those that are into this type of thing, and are in the area, it will be the highlight of your trip.