Has anyone given their AP to a relative or someone else to use, and what was their experience?

I'm tempted to give my daughter my AP when she visits later this month. I know they are finger scanned, but that being said has anyone used someone else's AP and how did that turn out?

:popo: Yeah, yeah, I know, cuff me now, assume the position and all that :siren:

I know I've noticed that there are plenty of times I've seen passes that don't seem to register while going through the gates, and people put them through several times and then are waved through anyway.

DH and I have both had cases where the finger scans didn't work on our APs.  Usually it resulted in running them through again (in DH's case trying every blasted finger!) but a few times they've made us produce photo ID when they couldn't get the scans to work.

Good to know..I've had mine not work several times, and they just had me put it through a couple of times and then wave me in. Never had to show ID.

Just wondered, thanks for the input.

I was afraid to do it, that being said we used 2 of the fiends passes last summer and they worked fine. We only had seasonal at the time. Well after New Years, I now knew it worked so I loaned ours out to 2 fiends and they had no problem. Also loaned them to another fiends friend in Jan and she had no problem.

Thanks Lorna. I kind of figure you have a 50/50 shot. Since it would be due to expire soon ,she may want to give it a shot. We'll see.  I really think worst that will happen is it won't work and she'll have to purchase an admission. Not the end of the world either way.

Rick & I have on purpose used each others passes with no problems.  I think the finger scan thing is a bogus contraption meant to scare people into being honest.

You know I've thought the same thing as DH has had problems with a reg. Admission ticket and they just wave him on in.

Rick & I have on purpose used each others passes with no problems.  I think the finger scan thing is a bogus contraption meant to scare people into being honest.

Rich and I have done this also. I think the scan would work if 2 different people used it on the same day.

• 3 weeks later...

No problems!  :wiz: I'm so glad she was able to use it.

My son  :rofl2: was telling me that he thinks the whole finger scan thing is a scam. He fingerprints people all the time. He said there is no way with all the oils from everyone else's fingers that those scans could be accurate.

Also went into incredible detail as to how unsanitary it is to have thousands of people some of whom have been picking their nose or scratching their asses while walking up to the turnstyle do a finger scan one after the other.  :rofl2: I never thought about that..YUK! :rofl2:

As for my daughter..she didn't have to finger scan at all. Just put the pass through.

Maybe they've changed things recently?

The system is not really comparing fingerprints as we think of them. As some of us know, the system they're using has a lot of wiggle room.

Also a lot depends on the CM that's working at that station too. If you have a pass, they let you through even though the machine might reject it, they overide it. They might make you scan twice, but I think that's all for show.

With my luck, five million people swap APs with no problem and I would be the one to get caught and be banned for life. That's not an issue right now though.

... If you have a pass, they let you through even though the machine might reject it, they overide it. They might make you scan twice, but I think that's all for show.

We've had two incidents in the past few years where DH couldn't remember which finger he used (oy) and his AP wouldn't scan and he was actually asked to produce ID!

So.... I guess it comes down to whether someone is willing to take the chance that they have as much bad luck as DH does when it comes to these things.  :D

(duh, just realize I posted the same thing on this thread not so long ago)

We've had two incidents in the past few years where DH couldn't remember which finger he used (oy) and his AP wouldn't scan and he was actually asked to produce ID!

He should buy a lottery ticket.

When I wasn't a CM, my wife and I exchanged passes one day to see if they would catch it, that time they did. But as you've read here, you can fool the system.

They weren't finger scanning AT ALL yesterday. She just put the pass through. This was at two different parks.. on the same day.  Procedure was the same at both parks. So there wasn't anything to verify whether it was actually her or not.  She did have other ID with her that had my name on it, just in case they asked for it...but nada, zilch, zero, zip.., well you get the idea.  I think the fact that we are both female, played in her favor. I think there might be more of a chance of it being kicked back with the switch being female/male. Although, from what a couple of previous posters have indicated..it didn't appear to matter.

I realize she was taking a chance, and yes, she was prepared to puchase the admission if need be.

I, myself have used it and had to put it through several times and use different fingers on the scan thingy...which I think is a bunch of BS. Not to mention it slows down the lines, and honestly after thinking about the whole "sanitary" issue, it does make ya cringe. I mean they provide antibacterial wipes near the supermarket carts these days, maybe Disney should do the same. LOL!