Came across this and have never heard of it before.  As they're saying it doesn't appear on the Times Guides, I was just wondering if anyone here can confirm that this is still taking place?

Oh and Kelly, notice the shout out to Kenny the Pirate!  :)

Characterpalooza! One of Disney's best-kept Secrets!
Sunday, April 22, 2012  Park Touring  11 comments

Updated June 3, 2013. Historically, Characterpalooza took place inside the Magic of Disney Animation building. When it returned from it's seasonal hiatus in March '13, sets began occurring near Echo Lake and on the Streets of America. Information for times and locations have been updated below.

Characterpalooza occurs almost daily at Disney's Hollywood Studio's, but have you ever heard of it? I'll be honest, I hadn't heard of it until just a few months ago. It is an unadvertised Character meet and greet session (never shown on a Times Guide schedule) that takes place next to Echo Lake and on the Streets of America. For 1 or 2 half hour sessions in the evening, many characters (including rare ones) make an appearance!

It's always a SURPRISE as to which Characters will appear for Characterpalooza, which is where the "palooza" comes from. The most common Characters to appear are Stitch, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Snow White, Pinocchio, Gepetto, and the Queen of Hearts; but many times a more "rare" character or two get thrown into the mix. (Not even Guest Services can tell you "who" is going to make an appearance at Characterpalooza!)

The timing and number of Characters to make an appearance depends on the following show times for Fantasmic that evening:

• If Fantasmic isn't scheduled, Characterpalooza will NOT occur.
  • If one Fantasmic show is scheduled, Characterpalooza will occur at 4:30 p.m. near Echo Lake and 5:30 p.m. on the Streets of America.
  • If two Fantasmic shows are scheduled, Characterpalooza will occur only at 6:00 p.m. on the Streets of America.
We were able to hit Characterpalooza back in 2012. Jafar, Rafiki, Mary Poppins with 2 Penguins, and Chip & Dale greeted everyone during the first set. The 2nd set of Characters consisted fo: Jasmine and Genie, Pinocchio and Gepetto, the Wicked Queen (from Snow White), and Meeko. Two nights later many of the same came out, but some different ones that we saw were: Pocahontas with Meeko, Captain Hook with Mr. Smee, Mulan and Goofy.

HINT: Be sure to have an Autograph Book with you to experience some extra fun and make more memories! Here's our Favorite Autograph Book idea.

http://www.wdwhints.com/2012/04/characterpalooza-one-of-disneys-best.html

I'm kind of disappointed that Lou doesn't make fun of me every time I mention Josh anymore. It kind of takes the fun out of it.

Dave, the big reason for doing Characterpalooza was that Hook and Smee are often there, and Z REALLY wants to meet them. But, the meat won. LOL