My dad took an old PUP and converted it into a day trailer for going to model airplane contests....

He took the bunks off and reworked the canvas to just go straight up.  He stripped out the stove, sink, and a few other items.  Mainly left the seating and the air conditioner on top. He will have room to store his planes and gear when it's down while traveling, and there will be a comfy place to rest in air conditioning by running the generator in between heats and a place for mom to nap and read in air conditioning during the events.

HOLY WOW!   :heart: 

I am a bit overwhelmed at all the post!!!!

Arthur - all I got while I was reading your post was "Whaaa whaaa whaaa".  Whoa! That was intense.  

HOWEVER, I took good notes and will discuss them with the driver.  THANK YOU!  Cause honestly this is stuff we do not know.   :worship: 

Carol - I will check on that!  Thank you!

Jenn - I am going to decorate the inside Red, White & Navy.  So I am running to Bed Bath & Beyond and getting the entire Red Solo Cup line of decorations.   :rotfl6: 

SPECIAL THANK YOU for sharing my camper photo, cause I have no idea how to add a photo here.  Or even Copy and paste like you fiends do.

REFLECTIX?!?!?  What is it?  Where do I find it?   :thank-you-smiley3: 

You also have Rick grilling up steaks routinely....and steaks need a REAL plate to be enjoyed. 

Not to mention to keep from slicing your leg open w/ a steak knife on a paper plate.  

Don't buy the reflectix at rv store It's $60-70. I bought it on Home Depot online. I got each roll for $38. 2 rolls was enough to do the window flaps and also both bunks covers and the slide out dinette. I installed grommets on each corner so we can bungee it down and used the clips for the side.

We always take our electric griddle with us so we can cook out side. It's good for bacon eggs pancakes hamburgers grill cheese and many other things all cooked on one thing and out side so the mess is not in the camper

When we camped in a pup (borrowed from a friend) we also took one of those one up shelters that had the solid sides and we kept a lot of things in there, like suit cases, etc.... And we used it for a changing room and to hang up wet towels and bathing suits.  It worked out nice :)

Congrats on the pup though, you will enjoy it!