From the Disney Parks Blog.  Would love to do this if we were going to be there then...

Monsieur Paul restaurant in the France Pavilion at Epcot World Showcase will be open all day December 31 to celebrate the New Year, starting with lunch at noon. The lovely little upstairs restaurant offers a quiet getaway from the bustling World Showcase on one of the busiest days at the park.

pau194888SMALL.jpg

From noon until 6:30 p.m., Monsieur Paul is serving a three-course menu for $75 (plus tax and gratuity). Then, at 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., there’s a special menu to ring in the New Year with four courses for $195 (plus tax and gratuity). The restaurant features an extensive French wine list, and servers are happy to help pair with any course. So, if you’re looking for a spot to relax and regenerate for midnight, Monsieur Paul is parfait!

Here’s the menu for noon-6:30 p.m.

Appetizer:

Raviole d ’escargots, crème au persil
Escargot ravioli, cream of parsley

Or

Soupe de moules safranée, crème légère aux fenouils
Mussel soup with saffron, light fennel cream

Or

Salade au Bleu
Blue Cheese Salad

Entrée:

Blanc de volaille farci duxelle des champignons, sauce blanche
Chicken stuffed with mushroom duxelle, white sauce

Or

Homard avec un velouté et ses petits légumes
Maine lobster, veloute and baby vegetables

Or

Ribs braisés, purée de carottes
Beef short ribs slowly braised in red wine, served with a carrot purée

Dessert:

New Year’s Eve dessert

And here’s the menu for the evening seatings at 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

Champagne:
Nicolas Feuillatte, Brut

Appetizer:

Soupe aux truffes V.G.E.
Beef broth, oxtail, vegetables, black winter truffle, puff pastry

Or

Salade de homard aux asperges
Lobster salad with asparagus

Fish Course:

Coquille Saint Jacques avec une crème de chou-fleur, sauce Périgourdine
Scallops with cauliflower cream and black truffle sauce

Or

Halibut à la Dieppoise
Seared Halibut, white wine sauce with seafood and mushrooms

Meat Course:

Filet de volaille rôtie farci aux morilles, pommes paillasson
Roasted chicken breast stuffed with morels, grated potato

Or

Filet de bœuf grillé, gratin de pommes de terre et cèpes
Grilled beef tenderloin ,potato gratin and porcini mushrooms

Dessert:

New Year’s Eve dessert

For reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE.

pau158889THUMB.jpg pau175777THUMB.jpg

In case you’re wondering, “who is Monsieur Paul,” in the food world, Monsieur Paul Bocuse is a legend who has achieved extraordinary culinary honors throughout his career. He achieved three Michelin stars for 48 straight years at this famous restaurant in Lyon, France, Auberge de Pont de Collonges.

pau229995SMALL.jpg

We had the pleasure of dining at his Lyon restaurant shortly after he debuted his first Bocuse-affiliated restaurant in America at the France Pavilion at Epcot in 1982, in partnership with two other very famous French chefs: Roger Verge and Gaston Lenôtre. (Bocuse is now in his late 80s, Verge is retired, and Lenôtre died in 2009.) Today, Chef Jerome Bocuse, Paul’s son, owns the company behind Monsieur Paul and the other dining spots at the France Pavilion. All three were considered among the greatest chefs of their time, and it was a real coup to have them represented at Epcot.

In an age of Food Network and culinary shows, Bocuse was one of the world’s first “celebrity chefs” whose fame stretched over more than half a century – he was named Best French Craftsman in 1961 and Chef of the Century in 2011 by the Culinary Institute of America.

So when it was time to “refresh” the elegant upstairs restaurant at the pavilion, an ode to Paul Bocuse seemed perfectly fitting. Walls are lined with historic photos, and the menu features classic French cuisine cooked by young Chef Francisco Santin, who worked with Chef Bocuse in Lyon.

Monsieur Paul is a relaxing, delightful way to sample a true taste of France and have a little history lesson in world cuisine. Bon appétit!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/08/monsieur-paul-at-france-pavilion-at-epcot-booking-for-new-years-eve/

$195 per person?  Come to my house for NYE instead.  I usually make a big fondue pot full of chocolate, and you dip anything you want into it.  And Monsieur Dave doesn't charge a dime. 

I had to look at this twice to make sure I saw it right!  I'd be mad if it cost my entire family $195 collectively.   I am resigned to Cracker Barrel daily special.

Monsieur Dave welcomes you to enjoy handfuls of molten chocolate for less than the cost of a Cracker Barrel daily special. 

Madame (not Madam) Kim very much appreciates the warm welcoming to enjoy molten chocolate.  :))   

plus park admission I'm sure so add another 95+ per to the 195

thus validating my dad's point this week.  Disney found a way to use Dining as  way to gouge get you to spend another couple of hundred once you're in the park.  The meal is double the cost of park admission.   :bugeyes: