Matt & Richie are Aluma Car or something.  Oh I don't know.  Ask Lorna......

Now known as The Golf Cart Shop Sun City.  :)

They're an official FortFiends.net site sponsor and you can find their contact info here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/misc/support-our-site-sponsors-r259

we went looking at TTs today. We LOVE the Jayco Bunkhouse. Being able to have the separate room for the Monkey and his toys will be awesome since we will be on top of each other for several months. DH said since we need to look at a truck anyway that we could look at 5th wheels as well. We will go to a few places tomorrow to poke around at those. We have time...since we still need to get the house sold but we want to have an idea of what we will be spending at least.

Welcome to this site of crazy but loving, caring folks.   Someone here usually has an answer to any question you might have and if they don't they will make up one.   :jumpforjoy   We spend 3 to 4 weeks at the Fort in December-January and usually another week for Spring Break.

Christmas is my favorite time to be there.....I love decorating the site with all the Disney Blow Ups (Don't ask Lou about them) and looking at all the other ones.

You will "love" living at the Fort and you may never want to leave.  Oh, we foster and adopt infants/children with special medical needs.  We have adopted 5 but 3 of them have passed away (2006, 2008 and 2011).  Our son is now 17 and our daughter is 15.  They love coming to Disney.   Shawnee (son) can tell you the best places to eat in each park :laugh: and his favorite person is Mr. Lou, the Bus Driver.  :shortbus:  Kimberly likes the music and everything at Disney makes her smile and laugh. 

Hope to see you there at Christmas.   God Bless You All.  

Im here.

I guess I will be the voice of reason here.

I have been at the fort for a year straight. If you are looking to this as a "cheap" way to move to Florida, you are going to be surprised. A monthly site will run you anywhere from $2400 to $3500 a month, unless you have some serious discounts. Add in the cost of your "new" RV and tow vehicle and you can probably tack on another $1000. So $4500 a month in "rent" compared to apartments less than a mile from Disney for $1200.

Just food for thought.

We have also been fulltiming for 4 years now.

If you plan to spend extended periods of time in an RV, make sure you get something everyone can live with. Remember, there is no where to get away from each other in an RV. Think of storage too. Everything you own must fit into that thing too. Add in the animals and you could quickly run out of room. I would not suggest anything smaller than a fiver for living, 30 foot at least. Trust me, we have gone through 4 RVs in 4 years until we found the one we could live in comfortably.  

As for having someone set you up, I personally would not buy an RV I could not move myself. Too many things happen and I would need piece of mind that I can move my house when I need to. Hurricanes, tropical storms, fires, sink holes, falling tees.....these are all realities and things that have happened at the fort and surrounding areas. A company could take hours or even days to move you. A sink hole could swallow your rv in minutes.

BUT then I found out that the Forts monthly cost plus the cost of a "cheap" RV came out to the same or less then some apartments we were looking at.

Those must have been some pretty nice apartments because as Dave pointed out, the Fort will cost an average of about $2500 a month.

For less than that, you can get a fully furnished, short term, 3 or 4 bedroom vacation home with a pool, that is 15 minutes from WDW.

Dumb question, but is there a "monthly" discount rate at the Fort?

I'm thinking roughly $70 a day x 30 equals a pretty expensive apartment, not counting the price of an RV.

My daughter has a two bedroom apartment across from the entrance to Celebration in a new (year old) complex, and she's paying around $1100 or $1200 a month with cable included.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be a resident of the Fort, but at $2100 that's more than my mortage.  Of course I guess if you include utilities it makes it look like a better deal.

Sorry for the delay, it has been a crazy couple of days. A very good friend of mine just lost her daughter. Young, early 30s as a matter of fact. Her 14 year old son found her. She left behind him and her 9 year old daughter. As of this moment, nobody knows what happened. I have been hugging my son extra tight at night thats for sure.

On the note of the price compared to apts. I checked with the hubs. Either he mis-spoke or I misunderstood. OR as is usual in this house, both of those things happened! The price of the campground per month comes out less then our CURRENT mortgage plus, internet, tv, water, electric per month. His point was we could pay less then we are now and be staying on property where the munchkin and I have easy access to all this Dis. Yeah..our mortgage is completely ridiculous for the size house we live in. 

We talked about things a bit more and we are making a change in our original plan. We have friends that camp often and they found some great rates at a couple places close by. Our current plan is to still get the camper and head down but maybe put in some time off site for a bit, save even more dough and then go spend a couple months on property just for giggles. 

Dumb question, but is there a "monthly" discount rate at the Fort?

There used to be discounted rates for longer stays, but not for many years now.

These days you pay the daily rate regardless of the length of your stay.  That means that the rate usually goes up a few dollars on the weekends, and up a bunch of dollars over holidays and other peak periods.