Our adventure at Lake George, NY

I'm in!

Great report so far.

It's hard for me to conceive of it being cool enough to even think about wearing a sweat shirt in August.  That sounds wonderful.

Hoping to get an update in later today, been traveling for work and not able to get back to this like I wanted.  Also really want to figure out how to load those video links - off to explore the self help pages!

Get yourself a YouTube account and upload the videos there.  Then just copy and past the link.  Piece of cake.  Ask your kids if you can't figure it out.

TCD

I'm in!

Great report so far.

It's hard for me to conceive of it being cool enough to even think about wearing a sweat shirt in August.  That sounds wonderful.

Get yourself a YouTube account and upload the videos there.  Then just copy and past the link.  Piece of cake.  Ask your kids if you can't figure it out.

TCD

Well, I may be a slow learner, but I think I may have this now - thanks for the tip to try YouTube.  And I'm glad for a broadband internet connection!

First video I will try is Abby on the Adirondack Extreme course, crossing from one tree to another using the rope loop bridge.  About 40 to 50 feet off the ground I am guessing:

http://youtu.be/0wDwHdpItC0

Here is another video - this one of Rachel trying the zip line over the brook, starting at about 50 feet in the air.  The interesting part is listening to Nancy being the "mom" and telling Rachel how to do this correctly, and we all know that Rachel is just saying (to herself of course) "Be quiet mom, I've got this!" 

You can also hear the voice of the last person on the zip line shout "Clear" to announce that he has safely reached the other side and transferred from the zip line to the tree platform.

http://youtu.be/2Ph2mcZdPHY

And the boss of the house on her first long zip line run:

http://youtu.be/9GDkFAYxgqA

Nancy and I both commented about how nervous we were at first, but the redundancy in the safety gear is pretty good, and I increased my odds of survival by telling Nancy that I cancelled the insurance policies before we left (just can't push my luck too far!)

I would highly recommend this course to anyone who might be thinking of it.  It was fun and the course was scenic.  I have driven by some that are just a big mess of wooden platforms and poles near other roadside attractions, not in the woods or over streams like this one.  The cost was about $45 each, and Nancy and I had to go because the kids were under 16.  I guess they figured we would be responsible for them or something!

Off to try loading some more videos to YouTube, but think I need to edit them a little first.  I have one from the Hypnotist show that has good sections in it, but some slow parts to be trimmed.

Anyone ever see a hypnotist show?  I used to be a doubter (not a hater) and then I saw some really cool things on my first hypnosis show for a school benefit.  Firm believer now!