Where to take a picky man to eat at Disney...

Buffets are usually good too - plenty of choices for everyone!  Crystal Palace at the MK always has a carved meat or two, potatoes, veggies, etc.  If he likes smoked meats, then Whispering Canyon at the WL is great!

I agree with both choices, & you can't beat the Canyon Skillet at Whispering Canyon.

We went to the Yachtsmen steakhouse for my daughters birthday in Jan. while it was delish i think it was WAY overpriced.  If you wanted a salad it was like an extra $13 for iceberg lettuce with dressing on it.  One of the best steak dinners we had was at lonestar steakhose, it was excellent.

A Lonestar just opened near my house.  We have been trying to go there, but haven't been able to get near the place yet.

I have just one word for you - Southern Smothered Hot Dog.

Well since you brought it up...  (no pun intended)

5204587335_32206518ac_z.jpg

He would NEVER eat that.  It mixes too many food groups.  :rofl:

I would though.  ;)

You can get the slaw on the side.  But a hot dog and pulled pork together - what genius came up with that?  I would like to shake that person's hand.  I gotta admit, I thought the slaw on top would be weird, but it was freakin' amazing!  And those chips are kettle cooked with just the right amount of grease and salt.  Oh God, I'm drooling on my keyboard!

My friend is married to a very picky eater.  When they were in WDW in October, they ate at the Yachtsman Steakhouse.  She said that he really liked it, but it is on the expensive side.

Yes, it's expensive, but it was one of the best meals we've had at Disney!  If you want a special night out for the two of you, this is the place.  OTOH, the California Grill is the place to avoid like the plague!  Worst service; worst food; ... .  The only thing we enjoyed there was watching Holiday Wishes.

• 2 weeks later...

On our last trip in 2009 Christmastime, we went to California Grill and it was about the best meal we've ever had at Disney... and dining is the main attraction of WDW for us so we've eaten at most of the better restaurants. We had stellar service, too. That said, I would not have enjoyed the atmosphere in the main dining room, loud and crowded. We were fortunate to be seated in the Wine Cellar which was dramatically quieter, roomier, and intimate. The view is far less dramatic, basically looking out over woodlands with MGM in the distance instead of the dramatic view of the MK. But that was the ONLY negative of our CG meal.

• 3 weeks later...