Vintage WDW - Tapestry of Nations parade at Epcot

We were lucky enough to see the original, long version of this  parade in 2000 during the millennium celebration. I think it is my all-time favorite Disney parade (at least daytime parade). I still have the soundtrack cassette.  Unfortunately this was back before I lugged a camera and took 1500 photos every trip.

Anyone out there got any photos of this they can share?

Beating drums, igniting torches and dancing puppets – in September 1999, World Showcase at Epcot ushered in the Walt Disney World Millennium Celebration when Tapestry of Nations began its soft opening.

ton194803SMALL.jpg

Led by The Sage of Time, this parade showcased drummers riding aboard rolling percussion units and performers bringing puppets, designed by artist Michael Curry, to life from the Mexico pavilion to the Canada pavilion.

ton289453SMALL.jpg

Tapestry of Nations was performed twice nightly and showcased eight different puppets – Angel, Aztec, Birdman, Discman, Hammerman, Reverse Marionette, Sprite and Wiggle Girl.

TOD298199SMALL.jpg

Take a close look at the puppeteer above. Sure, it’s from thirteen years ago, but that smile is still recognizable.