Disney\Fort in early May

Ok, so wifey and I have been planning for the last few months to do a Fort trip with several friends in September of 2015. Well, after me reading about it daily here, and talking wither her about everything I read, we have decided we need to do one next year. Right now we are looking at going 5/3/14 - 5/10/14 and I'm wondering if anyone can give me any pros or cons about that time of year. We will have DD1 that will be almost 3 years old and DD2 that will be 13 months old at that time. I'm thinking of doing a full hookup site preferably in the 1700 loop and right now that is about all the planning we have done.
I read on here daily of people's experinces and now that it is coming down to it and I have to put something together for us to take the trip I'm drawing a blank on everything. I have been in touch with Jason via email and will let him do all the heavy work for us, but wanted to get an other info I can about that time of year.

Oh ya, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THERE!!!!    :jumpforjoy  :banana:  :doublebeer:  :partythree:

Woot! Woot!

May is a great time. We usually go at the end of may/June and Christmas.

May is great. Usually it's great weather to go swimming with DD.

it's shorts and t-shirt weather. And usually not to hot.

And since the kids are still in school it's terribly busy.

Have fun and don't forget to make your dining rezzies next month.

Have fun.

For years, my kids used to have a random day off of school around the first weekend in May, so we would often camp at the Fort then.

Early May is one of the best times to go- the crowds are light, and the summer heat has not yet arrived.

Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios don't usually start until the middle of May, so you won't have any issue with crazy crowds there.

TCD

I'm looking at adding a trip in May, my kids are almost 4 and just turned 2.  It's supposed to be one of the better times to go.  We've got one trip under our belt and a few more planed over the next year.  Best advice I can give, take your time!  Don't rush it and plan for days to hang out at the Fort.  Its exhausting for everyone and we found out the hard way.  I think the sit down meals are a little much for the small kids, mine were too occupied to eat much and I felt like it was a waste.

Thanks for the info all, I think at this point I just need to get back with Jason and let him know to make it happen.
Well, I will wait until he is back from his maiden voyage with Maria. I don't want to drag him down with work when he could be thinking about camping :)