We will be a family of 5 soon and we need a camper.  I saw some hybrids at the camping show that I liked . . . but we have alot of toys and could definately use a Toy hauler.  All the toy haulers I have seen are really sporty though - like they are made for a group of BMX bikers or something.  I would like one that is more family oriented.  Any thoughts or recomendations?  I am thinking we can spend about 20K.

Try to look at some of the toy haulers with the garge door on the side, they do not seem to be a sporty as some of the others( they don't look like race trailers). They might not hold as much but I have seen them in both travel trailer and 5th wheel models.

Also check some companies have either pop ups or hybirds with a open deck in the front for the toys of course it is unuseable when the front bed is out.

We just looked at the Roo (same floor plan) at the RV show up here! Matt wants a toy hauler so he can stow the golf cart and still travel with the Burb instead of going the pick up route... 6 in the pick up gets tight on long drives...But they are very limited it seems... We also looked at the Rockwood Signature series with an outdoor kitchen and rear bunkhouse. My favorite feature of that TT is that the 2nd door goes right into the bathroom, so little ones can wash their feet and not trek dirt all over the camper!

The Rockwood was only slightly more than the Roo- and its an ultra lightweight so the Burb can still tow it! And if memory serves me right (we didnt have the camera to take pics) there is a platform that slides out of the back bumper that will hold bikes, coolers etc...

Here is the Floorplan of the Rockwood that we liked best- especially cause the boys would have their own section of the TT and not have to fold down the kitchen table or anything to sleep the 6 of us... great incase you have a trip like the Monsoon of 09 when youare stuck in the TT alot  :)

post-140-130444189999_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

we have a bunkouse. it the sprinter 31 bunk house. we love it for everything. second door to the bathroom. 4 beds in the bunk area. queen bed in the front and a table for 8. it could sleep ten if you really got tight. but we usually take 6 with us to the fort, plus a dog. and it seems fine. we have a pickup though so thats where the toys go.  :banana:

• 2 weeks later...

Try to look at some of the toy haulers with the garge door on the side, they do not seem to be a sporty as some of the others( they don't look like race trailers). They might not hold as much but I have seen them in both travel trailer and 5th wheel models.

Also check some companies have either pop ups or hybirds with a open deck in the front for the toys of course it is unuseable when the front bed is out.

I have a side loader. The only problem is, is that a golf cart has to have a folding footrest on it and cannot be lifted with big tires. I can go on and on.

• 3 weeks later...

It never fails whenever I have bought a camper thoughout the years I always love the floor plan until I actually get to camping and then I'm like I should have got this so that. After owning 5 different campers I have one now that I can say fits my families needs perfectly. It only took me 22 years.  :rofl2: 

When we shop for a camper I will stand in the shower, sit on the toilet to make sure I fit, I'm not real big but tall, the beds I've learned to live with. When we think we found the one we like we try to spend a good amount of time in the unit @ the dealers lot to see if it works for us, not a fool proof plan but it does eliminate some mistakes. Most dealers have never complained to us but even if they did they are not the only one who sells that brand.

When we shop for a camper I will stand in the shower, sit on the toilet to make sure I fit, I'm not real big but tall, the beds I've learned to live with. When we think we found the one we like we try to spend a good amount of time in the unit @ the dealers lot to see if it works for us, not a fool proof plan but it does eliminate some mistakes. Most dealers have never complained to us but even if they did they are not the only one who sells that brand.

Yesterday was spent lying on beds, sitting on toilets, reaching for shelves in cabinets, etc ... and of course think of what Larry's1 we would have to do to make it the 'perfect fit'.

1  If 'Google' can become a verb, then a Larry can be a verb too.

Lar?ry [lar-ee]

?noun - a male given name, form of Lawrence, Laurence;

?verb - to modify an RV, usually in an intricate and professional way.  :rofl2:

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/term/add/larry

Yesterday was spent lying on beds, sitting on toilets, reaching for shelves in cabinets, etc ... and of course think of what Larry's1 we would have to do to make it the 'perfect fit'.

1  If 'Google' can become a verb, then a Larry can be a verb too.

Lar?ry [lar-ee]

?noun - a male given name, form of Lawrence, Laurence;

?verb - to modify an RV, usually in an intricate and professional way.  :(

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/term/add/larry

Isn't the last little bit of beer in the bottle (after your better half gives it back and say's theres still some left.....) called "The Larry" ?

:rofl2: :dance: :) :) :)