More Photos then Report..

Hello Fiends.. This is more of a photo show and tell then a trip report. If you r looking for a well written, funny, and long trip report, then move along nothing to see here.  If however u want to see some photos and a brief over view of my time at Disney then WELCOME!!.. 

The very best part of this trip was meeting soo many Fiends..Thanks to my Social Fiend Director, Jen, I am tickled Purple to say I have met…. Lorna and family~ you all could not have been more welcoming!! , Deb ~~a brief meeting, but I did get a hug and a photo :dance:,  Ami and Scott~~ thanks for taking time out of your romantic get away to come by,  Donnie~~ truly an honor to have meet the mayor,  Denny~~ a very wise man, Total Joker and Mrs. Total Joker~~very friendly and funny people and of course Jen, Chris and CJ~~ what can I say love you guys!  If I have missed anyone I truly apologies, I have CRS (can’t remember sh!@) if it did not happen 5 min. ago then it slips off my radar..

Jen and Deb

Disney2011125.jpg

Jen Lorna Denise (me) and Ami!!

Disney2011024.jpg

So we set out for our 12 Day Vacation to Disney's Fort Wilderness.  The trip down was uneventful in that nothing broke or broke down.. In the past we have blown a tire, been blown all over the road and lost a roof… yes I said lost our roof … So it was a huge relief to have driven down with out incident!

You know you are getting close when you see these signs!!

DisneyWorldMarch2011003.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011007-Copy.jpg

We arrived Sunday afternoon around 1:00pm.. There were no lines at check in so we pull right up and a  young lady helped us. They had us assigned to loop 800, we have been there before,  but we really like 500 loop best. So I ask if we could be reassigned and she says “ YES, here is a map what site do u want? “  I look at a map and site 516 is open and right next to a CS!! Score site 516 our home for the next 12 days!!  LOVE , LOVE,  LOVE this site!!!!

Disney2011021.jpg

Disney2011022.jpg

My kids Alicia 14 and Chris 12

Disney2011042.jpg

So now I may skip around a little, as i said I have CRS and  I trying to look at 1000 photos to jog the old memory..

Welcome Center

DisneyWorldMarch2011012.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011015.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011017.jpg

We rented a golf cart from Kenny

Disney2011051.jpg

Our 5 month old puppy Bentley.. he loved the dog park and running around for the first time without SNOW!!!

Disney2011046.jpg

We were meeting friends and family the following week, including the parents of the kids we took down ahead of time, to go to the parks. So the first week the kids spent showing their friends FW and all that there is to do..

First up...

Renting bikes

DisneyWorldMarch2011036.jpg

Note to self... Bring bikes from home next time...$18 a day x's 4 kids adds up!!

DisneyWorldMarch2011038.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011040.jpg

While the kids ride around I went down to....

Crockett's Tavern

DisneyWorldMarch2011031.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011033.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011029.jpg

Up next SWIMMING…. The weather was nothing short of spectacular… sunny and 80’s everyday. Coming from SNOW and temps in the teens this was a welcome luxury . To be honest even if it were 50’s or 60’s my kids still would have swam.. We Northerners find it sumptuous (thesaurus help) to swim in winter!!

The Pool

DisneyWorldMarch2011081.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011080.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011076.jpg

My son Chris:

DisneyWorldMarch2011082.jpg

Sprucing up around the fort.

Disney2011034.jpg

Disney2011033.jpg

Wishes:

During President's week, we could hear the music on the beach,  :rofl2:  The next week we did not hear any music. :) When I asked around as to y this was I got several different answers. The best were from 2 ladies who worked at Trails End: 1st Lady said she had no idea what I was talking about.. she did not even know you could hear piped in music down at the beach.. I found that strange.. If I worked at Trails End I believe I would spend some time on the beach listening to the music and just relaxing in all the magical splendor! The 2nd lady said someone at the magic Kingdom forgot to switch over the sound track so that we may enjoy the music.. REALLY? Is that how it is done?

On the beach listening to WISHES!!!

DisneyWorldMarch2011088.jpg

Wishes from the Beach..

Disney2011078.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011091.jpg

Took the kids to Downtown Disney.

Disney Quest:

Disney2011093.jpg

Disney2011090.jpg

Disney2011092.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011094.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011106.jpg

It was very empty so we did a lot in a short time. I got VERY motion sick doing some of the activities..

It was fun but I think the saying : been there done that comes to mind!    :fork:

Some Disney Magic bestowed upon us!!

I would like to send out a BIG THANK YOU TO JUDY!!  :dance: :partyline:and our Bus Drivers!! 

The kids got to go Miniature Golfing at Winter Summerland and get goodies for FREE!!!!

So we set out, as we did not tow a car we need to take a Disney bus..

and not a direct bus, as  Blizzard Beach (the bus we should use to directly get there) is not running because BB is being refurbished..As luck or Pixy dust would have it things went better then expected..  We quickly get a bus to DTD and transfer there.. our bus comes and a new driver gets on. Low and behold he has pockets full of PIRATE stuff and proceeds to had out things to the kids. Eye Patches, balloons, toy swords etc.. :dance: Pretty cool to get all this free stuff!

Now we get a little hint from the driver.. He tells us not to put the ball in the last hole and to go to the other side and play.. So we got 2 play 2 rounds of golf for FREE @$12. x's 4 kids!!  :banana:

When it is time to leave.. we have to walk over to BB and catch a bus to EPCOT and then get a bus back to the Fort.. It's almost 9:00pm.. Can u imagine getting to EPCOT and catching a bus as the Fireworks show is over.. :)  There r 3 cars  in the parking lot playing golf and one other family walking with us to catch a bus.. Insert more Pixy Dust :wiz: A bus driver in training stops and says "Where r u going?' The first family says Polly and we say FW" Driver says well...We don't usually do this but... hop in I will take u there!!  :) After a BIG THANK YOU from the group , we all get on and get a direct route to our resort!!! GREAT way to end the day!!

Nick with his pirate stuff!

DisneyWorldMarch2011145.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011149.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011160.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011171.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011176.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011173.jpg

If you r not sleeping or bored I will be back to post more..

Bored? No way! Great pictures at the mini golf, I never think to take pictures while golfing, too busy thinking about WINNING!! (Gosh, I sound like Charlie Sheen :rofl2:)

Loving this report!!    Usually if the music at the beach isn't working it is because the wires have been pulled up out of the sand AGAIN and got disconnected.  The real men of genius that hooked up the speakers put the wires about 2 inches down and not in any pipe.  So people play or golf carts pull them up. 

Awww Thanks everyone!!

Judy I can?t tell you how right you r about my puppy.. He could not make it around the loop with his head up at all? Nose to the ground the whole time!!

OK. So I do have some more photos?  Here we go..

We were lucky enough to be at the beach when the shuttle took off... However it was so cloudy we did not see it for more then a split sec.. It was in this little blue space..

DisneyWorldMarch2011125.jpg

Better view of the space , still no shuttle..

DisneyWorldMarch2011126.jpg

The Beach at FW

DisneyWorldMarch2011123.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011251.jpg

After a winter of gray skies this sky was amazing and so blue!!

Disney2011150.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011305.jpg

Loved waking up to the sound of the BOATS...

DisneyWorldMarch2011307.jpg

We had Ressi at Chef Mickey on Sunday.. Due to the fact that we went during the Free Dining promotion and the fact that I waited so long to make a ressi  :banana: we only could get a 7:10 am ressi ..Not a big deal if u r a morning person. I however, am not a morning person, but at Disney I find myself ready to go early! Getting my DH and kids on board for this plan was not as easy.. :rofl2:

So remember we have no car. We ask a CM what time the boats run.. The official answer was 7:00am but we were told that if we got to the dock at 6:15 we could get a 6:30 boat over.. Why they just did not say 6:30am start is beyond me. :rofl2:

The morning b 4 we go we r handed a note saying.. A marathon was taking place and we were strongly advised to use WDW transpiration.. I am thinking cool, works for us we r taking a boat, so no problems... WRONG!!!! I get everyone up and down to the dock by 6:10 am.. Not an easy thing to do, anyone with teenagers and a husband who is a work aholic and ALWAYS has just 1 more thing to do, can attest to this...Now we wait and we wait and wait... Finally a boat comes around 6:50.

I am in a little panic at this point knowing we have to sprint up to the 4th floor and check in... If u have seen my photo or have met me... You know I do not sprint or walk quickly, even if it is for a BUFFETT!!! We go to check in and a CM says to me "is your party all here"?  Now we r late and the other people in our party are not here , so she is NOT happy with me. She then says "well go to the next podium I think they have you set up already." She gave a look like I was purposely trying to get her day off to a bad start.. Mind you the place is EMPTY!! So I go to the next podiom and I go to explain that our boat was late and the rest of our party was not here. Before I could even finish the CM sticks out his Mickey Glove and says NO WORRIES everything is running late due to the MARATHON!! He goes on to say  "we expected to be running behind and then talks to us as if we r his only concern!! WOW I just love when a CM loves what they do and shares their magic!  :rofl2:

Still waiting

DisneyWorldMarch2011304.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011314.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011315.jpg

Nick and Chris with Minnie

DisneyWorldMarch2011337.jpg

Nicole, Alicia and Kayla

DisneyWorldMarch2011339.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011350.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011351.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011357.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011358.jpg

So the food was OK but the look on the face of the 2year old we were with was pricless!! (sorry, no photos of her)

Tri Circle D

DisneyWorldMarch2011044.jpg

Cm took a lot of time to talk to us about BOB  a beautiful horse we got to pet!

DisneyWorldMarch2011210.jpgDisneyWorldMarch2011212.jpg

Disney2011113.jpg

Disney2011116.jpg

Movie night and Camp Fire!

DisneyWorldMarch2011213.jpg

Disney2011123.png

A cool cart we saw at the fort. My husband is a VOL. FF so all enjoyed the details of this cart!

Disney2011118.jpg

Disney2011119.jpg

Disney2011120.jpg

Shots of a Fort Fiends site

Disney2011124.jpg

Disney2011126.jpg

Our Mickey Lamp!

Disney2011175.jpg

Shots around the Fort

DisneyWorldMarch2011025.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011084.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011093.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011119.jpg

More from the Fort

Disney2011069.jpg

Disney2011070.jpg

Disney2011071.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011014.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011024.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011034.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011048.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011055.jpg

We had several breakfast meals at Trails End and while we were not seated with out favorite waiter,

DONNEL AKA "BIG D", .. he did come over to say Hi to us!! No phot but if you have been to TE then u know who he is.. My kids always look forward to catching up with him

What's a TR with out photos of food!! nothing lavish but Yummy just the same

Disney2011028.jpg

Disney2011029.jpg

Disney2011031.jpg

Disney2011060.jpg

Disney2011061.jpg

Disney2011144.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011299.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011391.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011118.jpg

More pastries.. I do have a sweet tooth!

DisneyWorldMarch2011418.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011566.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011567.jpg

DisneyWorldMarch2011541.jpg

I love all your pictures!  Great TR!  I know what you mean about puppy's nose not leaving the ground - we have a beagle, and anytime he "escapes" from the backyard he doesn't make it far - he's too busy sniffing every blade of grass he walks by!  :rofl2:

I love all your pictures!  Great TR!  I know what you mean about puppy's nose not leaving the ground - we have a beagle, and anytime he "escapes" from the backyard he doesn't make it far - he's too busy sniffing every blade of grass he walks by!  :siren:

Miss Dora is just the opposite.  When she gets out of the yard we have to be right there with her otherwise her nose leads her on great adventures.  She has a doggie door and one day a gate was left open.  Sounds like she followed kids to school, crossed a 5 lane road and made it to the elementary school.  She had her "jewelry" on so the school secretary knew from her rabies tag that the vet up the street takes care of her.  The secretary had a couple boys drop her off at the vet's office.  If only I could have made Dora understand how sad I would be if something happened to her. 

More pictures please!

UGGGGGGH I just sent a lot of time adding photos and some captions and I have LOST EVERYTHING!!!!!

:rofl2: :banana: :dance: :dance: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :argh: :banana: :'(

I will try to upload more tomorrow....