Dance Competition at ESPN WWoS

DramaMama and I will be heading to Disney this weekend for a different type of trip.  I am bringing my dance team to compete at Wide World of Sports on Saturday,  March 22.  I have gone to this competition for the last 3 years helping out with our school's hip hop team (I don't direct them -- just lend a hand on the trip, be an extra set of eyes for tightening up choreography, and generally serve as the walking Disney travel guide.)  Last year I decided that as a choreographer I wanted to bring a team too.  The result is PROPAGANDA, a prop dance team.  The prop category requires dancers to use an item or items as the focus of the choreography.  For my team, the prop is a Chinese broadsword complete with fabric "scarf"  hanging from the bottom.  We are doing an interesting combination of jazz dance, European and Asian sword fighting techniques, and flag corps style moves with a post-apocalyptic theme. 

If you are in The World over the weekend and want to see a different side of Disney, pop over to WWoS and see the dance competition.  It starts Saturday morning and finishes around 2:30 in the afternoon.  We are scheduled to perform a little after 1:00 PM.  (After the dance competition it becomes a cheerleading competition through Sunday.)  I am not sure what they are charging for the competition or what passes will get you in (perhaps the Deluxe Annual Pass?), but if you come by look for me, DramaMama, or the Shakespearelets.  I'll be the guy with the handlebar mustache in the "Propaganda" shirt.

That sounds very cool!  Several of my FB friends posted photos over this past weekend of their cheerleaders competing at DWWoS.  Must be the time of year for this sort of thing!

I've only been there to see spring training games, but remember what an impressive place it is.  Have a great time!