Hersheypark Campground - formerly Hershey Highmeadow

Has anybody camped there or is anybody going there soon?  I'm looking for pictures.  We have a site reserved for July - as a tent camper I like to have some idea of what to expect.

Expect trains. There is a railroad that runs right next to the campground and they do run during the night. I havent camped there yet myself but I am sure someone will be along soon with more info. 

I've stayed there several times, in the cabins which are near the tracks.  The trains didn't bother me much at all, as a matter of fact I'll be there Easter weekend. 

As far as I know there are two locations for tent campers, one near the creek and one on the hill near the tracks.  If you think the trains will bother you request the creek side sites.

I think it's a great campground with clean bathrooms, a nice pool and play areas for the kids, and free buses to Hershey Park.

I have a site booked away from the train tracks, over by the creek.  Either way I think I'm still packing earplugs.

So are you local to PA? You should come camp with us in Gettysburg for Easter!

Where are you camping?  We go there often and have camped a few different places there.

We stayed in tents on the hill a few years ago.  Yes, the trains roll on by.  But we heard just as much noise from the plant (mining operation?) that is just on the other side of the creek.  But, it's a great campground anyway.  Loved the shuttle to the park.  Have a great time.

We may try to get there again sometime.  

And some year get to the Gettysburg GG, too. :)

we camped there with the kids in the fall for a Halloween weekend.  had a good time with the kids.  partial hook-ups up on the hill do border tracks, so noise is factor when train runs but these sites appeared to be larger with more shade than the creek sites ,except a few sites which back into creek.  the other creek area sites were open and closer together.  we camped on the hill going up toward the partial sites, so we were close to train.  not that bad but I grew up with trains flying by all hours.

frank

we camped there with the kids in the fall for a Halloween weekend.  had a good time with the kids.  partial hook-ups up on the hill do border tracks, so noise is factor when train runs but these sites appeared to be larger with more shade than the creek sites ,except a few sites which back into creek.  the other creek area sites were open and closer together.  we camped on the hill going up toward the partial sites, so we were close to train.  not that bad but I grew up with trains flying by all hours.

frank

For those of you reading along this does not mean you should back up until you are in the creek. Sorry just the image that popped into my mind and had to be shared. 

For those of you reading along this does not mean you should back up until you are in the creek. Sorry just the image that popped into my mind and had to be shared. 

Remember Jason we have yet to see you back your pup up......... guess I will have to stay up late Friday at Gettysburg :hah:

Remember Jason we have yet to see you back your pup up......... guess I will have to stay up late Friday at Gettysburg :hah:

Stay  up  as late as you like. We arrive Wednesday :rofl3:  Oh and according to the map our site should have tha camper parallel to the road.

Stay  up  as late as you like. We arrive Wednesday :rofl3:  Oh and according to the map our site should have tha camper parallel to the road.

Not fair I did not know you were getting there that early, you beat me by a day, plus your going to leave so early on Sunday we will miss that show also

Not fair I did not know you were getting there that early, you beat me by a day, plus your going to leave so early on Sunday we will miss that show also

I actually took Thursday and Friday off so I could have a nice get a way. Course then i decided to spend it with you people.

I am actually remarkably good at lining up for the hitch when I back so that shouldnt be much of a show. Sorry

• 1 year later...