I just read were Disney is now offering the magic bands to off site guest. They will be able to reserve fast passes, and I think dining reser, up to 30 days before their arrival. They do have to purchase the bands. I was thinking this is a perk (the bands) for resort guest. Right now it is easy to book fast passes. But I am thinking in the future it might be difficult to reserve as many and as easily. Any thoughts?

Disney never said that Magic Bands would be exclusively for WDW resort guests.

Resort guests currently have the benefit of being able to make FP+ reservations 60 days in advance.  So, they have a big advantage over day guests and even annual passholders.

Currently, nobody gets more than 3 FP+ per day.  And at Epcot and DHS, the choices are tiered, so you only can have a FP+ for one good ride.  So, there are plenty to go around.

TCD

If you uses MB from a previous resort stay vs using a current AP or non resort band do you think it would allow you to make FP selections further than the 30 days? I would try a test but knowing MDE it would lock me into that FP and not let me delete it

If you uses MB from a previous resort stay vs using a current AP or non resort band do you think it would allow you to make FP selections further than the 30 days? I would try a test but knowing MDE it would lock me into that FP and not let me delete it

The old MB won't get you the 60 day window.  You have to have a resort reservation linked to your MDE account.

No resort reservation=30 days.

TCD

I figure that prior to MBs, every park guest was able to get FPs regardless - all you needed was a park ticket. You could get them as many times as you wanted, and in as many parks as you wanted (within the FP window parameters). Also since every ticket was entitled to them, you could even get multiple FPs for the same attraction if you used somone else's ticket - e.g., you're a party of 6 with only 3 people riding, you could still get 6 FPs at once and everyone got to ride twice.

If anything, now that everyone will be restricted to 3 per day in 1 park only, with each FP tied to an individual's MB, and with the tiered system in place (i.e., you can't get 3 FPs for Toy Story in one day), in theory this will actually reduce the number of FPs given out to the major attractions.

I figure that prior to MBs, every park guest was able to get FPs regardless - all you needed was a park ticket. You could get them as many times as you wanted, and in as many parks as you wanted (within the FP window parameters). Also since every ticket was entitled to them, you could even get multiple FPs for the same attraction if you used somone else's ticket - e.g., you're a party of 6 with only 3 people riding, you could still get 6 FPs at once and everyone got to ride twice.

If anything, now that everyone will be restricted to 3 per day in 1 park only, with each FP tied to an individual's MB, and with the tiered system in place (i.e., you can't get 3 FPs for Toy Story in one day), in theory this will actually reduce the number of FPs given out to the major attractions.

I agree.

Also, they are forcing every one who wants any FP+'s to take three.  Even if they're not going to use three.  I suspect that makes for a lot more unused FP reservation slots.  Especially at the MK.

TCD

How are non guest going to be able to link MB to FP? Will it only be for pass holders? We just went to WDW on March 2-12, with our Fl resident passes expiring on March 4. We were able to link the FP for 3/1-3/3. Then on the 4th it would not allow me because my passes had expired. As soon as I renewed them, I was able to link FP. I figured they didnt want people to take FP when there wasnt proof that they wouldnt be there. Sounds like it is going to be something that is going to be constantly changed. It doesnt affect me at all cuz we always stay at the FT :heartsmiley:

How are non guest going to be able to link MB to FP? Will it only be for pass holders? We just went to WDW on March 2-12, with our Fl resident passes expiring on March 4. We were able to link the FP for 3/1-3/3. Then on the 4th it would not allow me because my passes had expired. As soon as I renewed them, I was able to link FP. I figured they didnt want people to take FP when there wasnt proof that they wouldnt be there. Sounds like it is going to be something that is going to be constantly changed. It doesnt affect me at all cuz we always stay at the FT :heartsmiley:

From what I can figure, the non-resort guest, non-passholder would need to link a valid ticket to the MB.  He gets FP+ selections for the number of days his ticket is valid.  Not more than 30 days out, though.

I don't know about it constantly changing forever, but there have been many changes since the testing began last fall.

TCD