Hello! New to the board but full of info about the cabins! I'll try not to ramble but I do so love to talk about them!

We have been staying in the cabins for the past 4 years and we absolutely love them! I was never interested in visiting DW until 2009 when my wife convinced me to take the family after my first deployment to Afghanistan. Her family stayed at the cabins when she was younger, so she wanted to go back. I was indifferent as I had never been to DW so it was all new to me anyway. I still remember the feeling of pulling up to the Fort and hearing "Welcome home, Crandall family" for the first time. I was hooked immediately and we have been back every year since. Here are some of my (hopefully unbiased) thoughts on the cabins:

Check-in/check-out: I assume this is like most of the resort hotels, with Magical Express service and the ability to get your boarding passes and check your luggage during check-out. We always reserve a golf cart for that first day, as the golf cart pick-up is at the back of the check-in cabin and it's easier to transport all our carry-on items to the cabin.

Cabin exterior: Minimal as far as most accomodations go, with just a small patio, grill, and picnic table that can sit about 4 people comfortably, or maybe 6 if you cram. There are 2 doors, one leading into the kitchen/living area and one leading directly into the bedroom. There is a small driveway to park your car or golf cart with an outlet to charge your cart. With regards to the cabins looking "worn" or "old", keep in mind that it is still a cabin and the aesthetics reflect that. Personally, I think it adds to the appeal of staying at FTW as many people are looking for a more rustic, minimalist experience. I honestly feel that a newer, more polished exterior would detract from the overall feel of the cabin.

Kitchen: One of the main reasons we stay at the cabins is due to the fact that my son has severe food allergies and the inclusion of a full kitchen is extremely important to us. The kitchen has pretty much everything you need, to include pots, pans, dishes, and flatware. There is a full size fridge/freezer, a 4-burner electric stovetop, oven, and microwave. There is also a dishwasher, which is where housekeeping will leave your clean dishes after they clean your cabin, and a narrow pantry to keep any of your dry food.

Groceries: Thought I'd keep this one in a separate section. The grocery order list provided by FTW that was posted above is something I only know of them doing the past couple of years, most likely as a response to all the third party grocery delivery services that cater to FTW. It's a nice thought, but the cheaper prices and more varied selection will keep most people using the third party services. We use Garden Grocer (https://www.gardengrocer.com/) and have had nothing but pleasant experiences with them. We always schedule our deliveries as close to our check-in time as we can and they have never been late! The prices on many of the items we purchase are more affordable than any of the comparable delivery services.

Dining/living room: The dining area has a small table with a bench seat one one side and two chairs on the other. It's perfect for our 3-person family, but might be a bit cramped if you have more than 4 people. The living room area features a wide open space in the middle where a double-sized murphy bed folds down from the wall. The bed itself it pretty comfy, it's normally the one my wife and I choose to sleep in. Plus, it's nice being able to wake up and grab breakfast right away :) There is also an extra chair, a small table, and a small couch in the living area. Tucked in the corners of the room are two small counters/nooks where the telephone is located. On a side note, it took me two trips before I realized that Mickey and friends have a welcome voicemail waiting on your answering machine for when you arrive!

Hallway: Not much to explain, there is a small utility closet with a dustpan and broom and, if I remember correctly, some type of baby equipment? Kinda hazy on that detail since we never had to use any of it.

Bathroom: I love the bathrooms in the cabins, they are very spacious and have an abundance of extra supplies so you don't have to wait for a visit from housekeeping to get new towels or shampoo. I am 6'4" so the big shower is a plus for me. The only downside I can see to the bathroom is that the hair dryer is located in the bedroom. Doesn't affect me since I have yet to trade in my high skin fade for a set of luscious, flowing locks, but I can see where it would be a point of inconvenience for anyone who requires use of it.

Bedroom: There are technically 3 beds in the bedroom; one double-sized bed and a pair of twin-sized (I think?) bunk beds. Each of the beds has their own headboard mounted lamp and are quite comfortable. There is a small nightstand in between the beds with an alarm clock. Inside the closet there is a clothing rack with hangers and a shelf up above where we normally store our luggage. There's also a folding luggage rack should you need it. We always have plenty of space in the closet but, like any of the other spaces in the cabin, you may feel a bit cramped if you have more than 3 or 4 people staying in the cabin. In the corner of the room near the closet and the bunk beds there is a little nook with a countertop and a mirror. This is where the aforementioned hair dryer is located. It's kind of cramped to have to use it, so I would suggest bringing your own if you foresee it being an issue. On the back of the bedroom door is a full-length mirror for those of us that need to practice our Blue Steel before stepping out.

Quality/service: The quality of the cabins has always surpassed my expectations, as most things Disney-related do. i can't really comment on the price due to the fact that we take advantage of the military discount but I can say that I believe would pay full price for the convenience and quiet respite the cabins offer. The housekeepers are always extremely friendly and accomodating and we have never had any issues with bugs or anything like that.

All in all, we have made wonderful memories staying at the cabins and I believe they are something that everyone, not just Fiends, should experience at least once. I'll post a bunch of pics when I get the chance. I'm excited to hear other about other people's experiences!

-Jed

Hello! New to the board but full of info about the cabins! I'll try not to ramble but I do so love to talk about them!

We have been staying in the cabins for the past 4 years and we absolutely love them! I was never interested in visiting DW until 2009 when my wife convinced me to take the family after my first deployment to Afghanistan. Her family stayed at the cabins when she was younger, so she wanted to go back. I was indifferent as I had never been to DW so it was all new to me anyway. I still remember the feeling of pulling up to the Fort and hearing "Welcome home, Crandall family" for the first time. I was hooked immediately and we have been back every year since. Here are some of my (hopefully unbiased) thoughts on the cabins:

Check-in/check-out: I assume this is like most of the resort hotels, with Magical Express service and the ability to get your boarding passes and check your luggage during check-out. We always reserve a golf cart for that first day, as the golf cart pick-up is at the back of the check-in cabin and it's easier to transport all our carry-on items to the cabin.

Cabin exterior: Minimal as far as most accomodations go, with just a small patio, grill, and picnic table that can sit about 4 people comfortably, or maybe 6 if you cram. There are 2 doors, one leading into the kitchen/living area and one leading directly into the bedroom. There is a small driveway to park your car or golf cart with an outlet to charge your cart. With regards to the cabins looking "worn" or "old", keep in mind that it is still a cabin and the aesthetics reflect that. Personally, I think it adds to the appeal of staying at FTW as many people are looking for a more rustic, minimalist experience. I honestly feel that a newer, more polished exterior would detract from the overall feel of the cabin.

Kitchen: One of the main reasons we stay at the cabins is due to the fact that my son has severe food allergies and the inclusion of a full kitchen is extremely important to us. The kitchen has pretty much everything you need, to include pots, pans, dishes, and flatware. There is a full size fridge/freezer, a 4-burner electric stovetop, oven, and microwave. There is also a dishwasher, which is where housekeeping will leave your clean dishes after they clean your cabin, and a narrow pantry to keep any of your dry food.

Groceries: Thought I'd keep this one in a separate section. The grocery order list provided by FTW that was posted above is something I only know of them doing the past couple of years, most likely as a response to all the third party grocery delivery services that cater to FTW. It's a nice thought, but the cheaper prices and more varied selection will keep most people using the third party services. We use Garden Grocer (https://www.gardengrocer.com/) and have had nothing but pleasant experiences with them. We always schedule our deliveries as close to our check-in time as we can and they have never been late! The prices on many of the items we purchase are more affordable than any of the comparable delivery services.

Dining/living room: The dining area has a small table with a bench seat one one side and two chairs on the other. It's perfect for our 3-person family, but might be a bit cramped if you have more than 4 people. The living room area features a wide open space in the middle where a double-sized murphy bed folds down from the wall. The bed itself it pretty comfy, it's normally the one my wife and I choose to sleep in. Plus, it's nice being able to wake up and grab breakfast right away :) There is also an extra chair, a small table, and a small couch in the living area. Tucked in the corners of the room are two small counters/nooks where the telephone is located. On a side note, it took me two trips before I realized that Mickey and friends have a welcome voicemail waiting on your answering machine for when you arrive!

Hallway: Not much to explain, there is a small utility closet with a dustpan and broom and, if I remember correctly, some type of baby equipment? Kinda hazy on that detail since we never had to use any of it.

Bathroom: I love the bathrooms in the cabins, they are very spacious and have an abundance of extra supplies so you don't have to wait for a visit from housekeeping to get new towels or shampoo. I am 6'4" so the big shower is a plus for me. The only downside I can see to the bathroom is that the hair dryer is located in the bedroom. Doesn't affect me since I have yet to trade in my high skin fade for a set of luscious, flowing locks, but I can see where it would be a point of inconvenience for anyone who requires use of it.

Bedroom: There are technically 3 beds in the bedroom; one double-sized bed and a pair of twin-sized (I think?) bunk beds. Each of the beds has their own headboard mounted lamp and are quite comfortable. There is a small nightstand in between the beds with an alarm clock. Inside the closet there is a clothing rack with hangers and a shelf up above where we normally store our luggage. There's also a folding luggage rack should you need it. We always have plenty of space in the closet but, like any of the other spaces in the cabin, you may feel a bit cramped if you have more than 3 or 4 people staying in the cabin. In the corner of the room near the closet and the bunk beds there is a little nook with a countertop and a mirror. This is where the aforementioned hair dryer is located. It's kind of cramped to have to use it, so I would suggest bringing your own if you foresee it being an issue. On the back of the bedroom door is a full-length mirror for those of us that need to practice our Blue Steel before stepping out.

Quality/service: The quality of the cabins has always surpassed my expectations, as most things Disney-related do. i can't really comment on the price due to the fact that we take advantage of the military discount but I can say that I believe would pay full price for the convenience and quiet respite the cabins offer. The housekeepers are always extremely friendly and accomodating and we have never had any issues with bugs or anything like that.

All in all, we have made wonderful memories staying at the cabins and I believe they are something that everyone, not just Fiends, should experience at least once. I'll post a bunch of pics when I get the chance. I'm excited to hear other about other people's experiences!

-Jed

-Jed

Great review Jed!  Hearing first hand details like this is very helpful and makes the cabins sound more appealing to me.