Inside the Mouse has posted an article that includes restored video from Walt Disney World from 1972. Apparently this is the first of more to come. The full article is here...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/videos/video-recently-restored-1972-walt-disney-world-home-video-brings-back-the-past-in-colorful-hd/

Direct link to video...

http://vimeo.com/95237467

Description posted with the video...

1972 Walt Disney World Home Movie - Restored Super8 Film - HD
from RetroWDW Plus 1 day ago

In 1972 my grandparents took a road trip from New Jersey to Florida...armed with AAA highlighted maps of the I-95 east coast corridor they stopped at South of the Border, Marineland, Busch Gardens, Walt Disney World and a host of other attractions. To this day I still have the 3-ring binder that contains the handwritten account of their entire itinerary; hand written mileage logs, fuel stops, and notes. For many years I've had in my possession 700 feet of Super8 film taken by my grandparents that documented their entire trip. Recently, I had the footage converted and began to apply my film restoration techniques to the transfer. It's wonderful to see my late grandparents again and all the places they visited. What you see below is in the order that they filmed it; its as it happened. From their logbook, we are able to determine the exact date that this film was taken, July 23, 1972. WDW was just under 10 months old!

The two reels together have a runtime of just over 40 minutes, but hidden in the middle of two reels is what I want to share with you - a bit over 9 minutes of rare early WDW home movie footage. What you are about to see is probably some of the earliest and most pristine looking film from Walt Disney World that you have ever seen. You'll be taken back to a time when Tomorrowland was incomplete, the old Frontierland Station still welcomed trains, the long lost West Street is adorned with flowers and you could see the Nautilus patrol the lagoon from the Skyway.

For those interested, the conversion and restoration process started with the original Super8 film being scanned in at a 1920x1080 resolution by Pixcel.com. I then applied a number of filters to remove grain, stabilize, sharpen and improve the color. From their I upconverted the film from its original 18 frames per second to 30 frames per second, this reduces flicker and jerky motion. If you like what you see and would like your home movies restored, please contact us at [email protected] or read more about our process here: retrodisneyworld.com/imageworks

I have put in a lot of time refining my scripts and tuning the filters to ensure that the end result is nothing but the best. I was lucky that the film was in near perfect condition after 42 years of storage, making the conversion process a bit easier. I appreciate everyone's input and patience while I completed the restoration process. This is not the last; next up is the Magic Kingdom Parade from 1972...then we tackle 1975, 1978 and 1980.

Enjoy our first Super8 film restoration...

Pure awesomeness.

I remember TCD and DIT trying to figure out a picture of the CR and monorail lines in my Back in Time TR and this video shows the same spot where it looks like the old maintenance track is visible between the RR tracks and the monorail loop.

Love the skyway video!

Even a lot of the fashions are back. Some spots looked as if was filmed yesterday. I heard an interesting quote on Sirius radio today. With the release of the new Michael Jackson album this week, one of the music produces compared Michael Jackson to Disney World. "We love Disney and our kids and theirs kids will also and so will be for Michael Jackson." Many will disagree but Thriller is still the best selling album of all time and Disney will always be the most magical place on earth.

I remember TCD and DIT trying to figure out a picture of the CR and monorail lines in my Back in Time TR and this video shows the same spot where it looks like the old maintenance track is visible between the RR tracks and the monorail loop.

I noticed that.  The part where the Contemporary Resort, and even the traffic on the road in front of it, is so plainly visible from the train was surprising to see.  You can still see the Contemporary from the train if you look. but nowhere near as clearly as you can see in the film.

Tomorrowland definitely looks different- no Space Mountain.

Even a lot of the fashions are back. Some spots looked as if was filmed yesterday. I heard an interesting quote on Sirius radio today. With the release of the new Michael Jackson album this week, one of the music produces compared Michael Jackson to Disney World. "We love Disney and our kids and theirs kids will also and so will be for Michael Jackson." Many will disagree but Thriller is still the best selling album of all time and Disney will always be the most magical place on earth.

Very interesting comment.  The problem I have with The King of Pop is the "ick" factor.  I can't hear his music and not think about what an absolute creep he was.  No way would I ever put him in the same category as Disney.  I can't stand the guy or his music.

TCD