I don't think you'll get a card for rides for an allergy since none deal with food, but a chef will come out and let you know what your son can eat. Disney is great about allergies. Beckers' son Has a peanut allergy, so she'll chime in with good specifics I'm sure.

Disability assistance card is mainly for people with conditions that make it difficult to stand/wait in long lines. I myself have a back injury that makes it difficult to stand so it works great for me. I take my pass to the FP return line and they assign a return time. Say there a 60 minute stand by time, meaning if you were to get inline with everyone else it would take 60 minutes till you got on the ride. They woul sign my card and assign a return time. Usually 30-60 minutes with a 60 minute return time. It's not a front if the line pass. It's not up to me but I don't think a food allergy would qualify but you can ask at guest relations when you enter any park.

As far as good allergies. Everytime you go to eat, whether it's a counter service or table service, tell your server/cashier about his allergies and a chef will come out and talk to you about what's available for him. Disney tries really hard to accommodate food allergies.

It was called GAC, but because people were taking advantage of the system, Disney cancelled the program and replaced it with the DAS card.

The new Disability Access Service (DAS) Card will allow guests with disabilities to receive a return time for attractions based on the current wait time. It's basically a FP.

From the Mouse's mouth:

Disability Access Service Card.

The Disability Access Service, “DAS” Card, is intended for Guests whose disability prevents them from waiting in a conventional queue environment. This service allows Guests to schedule a return time that is comparable to the current queue wait for the given attraction. Once a return time is issued, Guests are free to enjoy other theme park offerings such as meeting a character, grabbing a bite to eat, enjoying entertainment or even visiting another attraction until their listed return time. Return times are valid until redeemed prior to park closing.

That's good to know, there are people who need the card way more than we do. Wow, I had no idea the chefs came out to talk to you, I was very nervous about eating out but you've put me more at ease.

My son doesn't have allergies, but I have lots of friends with allergy kids. Some only vacation at Disney because they handle things so well. When you make your reservations, be sure to note it there.