Check out the new 2014 1500 Ram Eco-Diesel 28mpg and I think 400 ft pounds of torque. 9800# payload. This truck should be awesome! I have the 2012 Ram Dually 3500 6.7 Diesel. We have a 30ft 5th wheel and can cruise 60-70 mph to the fort. Best towing truck I have owned. I have had them all Ford, Chevy, now Ram. 

Check out the new 2014 1500 Ram Eco-Diesel 28mpg and I think 400 ft pounds of torque. 9800# payload. This truck should be awesome! I have the 2012 Ram Dually 3500 6.7 Diesel. We have a 30ft 5th wheel and can cruise 60-70 mph to the fort. Best towing truck I have owned. I have had them all Ford, Chevy, now Ram.

That's the same way I fill about my 2012 f-350 best diesel truck I have had.

28MPG... wow, that's crazy good.

28MPG... wow, that's crazy good.

The ecoDiesel engine is really good.  It is a 3.0L V6, and the reviews have been excellent.  However, it is still in short supply, and in demand, so you may have some difficulty finding one, or may have to wait if you order one.  However, if you don't want a diesel, the Hemi is an excellent engine.  The increased mileage of the diesel is partially offset by the increased cost of diesel fuel over gasoline, but the bigger benefits are the high torque (and therefore better towing, especially in the mountains).  Either engine, you should really like the truck.