Stayed there back in 2007, nice campground but sites were tight and close together, bath houses were clean but over the 4th I am sure it will be packed, as most places are. Not in the thick of things in town but just around the corner of the strip. I think it is a good choice in the area but if we go to Pigeon Forge again we would stay further away from the tourist area. Good luck and enjoy.

As Rennie said sites are pretty close together there. We drove through a while back an I think I took some pictures, I'll look around and see if I can find them.
Have you called around that area to see if there is even availability for the 4th? Most of the parks tend to fill up fast for holiday weekends around there.

As Rennie said sites are pretty close together there. We drove through a while back an I think I took some pictures, I'll look around and see if I can find them.

Have you called around that area to see if there is even availability for the 4th? Most of the parks tend to fill up fast for holiday weekends around there.

Yeah...when I called a couple of weeks ago, even the KOA was booked up!

I checked and don't have any of my pictures from there, sorry.

It's a very popular town to be in over the holiday weekends so things fill up fast in most of the CG's there. I called in Feb to try and get reservations for the 4th at our favorite place and they offered to put me on the 2nd page of the waiting list. I politely declined :)

I checked and don't have any of my pictures from there, sorry.

It's a very popular town to be in over the holiday weekends so things fill up fast in most of the CG's there. I called in Feb to try and get reservations for the 4th at our favorite place and they offered to put me on the 2nd page of the waiting list. I politely declined :)

Mercy.  

Yeah...we've been there a couple of times, but this will be our first time camping so...we're looking forward to it :)

You can also check Townsend, TN also. Pigeon Forge is about a 20-25 min drive across Wears Valley Road. The Townsend campgrounds are very shady compared to the ones we have been checking out in Pigeon Forge. Although Clabough's is the one we liked in Pigeon Forge and we liked Jellystone in Gatlinburg (but it isn't close to town) out of the ones we have been looking at camping at. This is our first camper and this weekend will be pur first camping trip in it. We are going to Townsend to Lazy Days (their sites are smaller than I would like but everything there is clean and people are nice). We also love the KOA in Townsend but they are extremely expensive over the summer.

You can also check Townsend, TN also. Pigeon Forge is about a 20-25 min drive across Wears Valley Road. The Townsend campgrounds are very shady compared to the ones we have been checking out in Pigeon Forge. Although Clabough's is the one we liked in Pigeon Forge and we liked Jellystone in Gatlinburg (but it isn't close to town) out of the ones we have been looking at camping at. This is our first camper and this weekend will be pur first camping trip in it. We are going to Townsend to Lazy Days (their sites are smaller than I would like but everything there is clean and people are nice). We also love the KOA in Townsend but they are extremely expensive over the summer.

We just stayed at Riverbend campground in PF.   By our measure, it's the best value in that area.  Note, not the newest/nicest/most things for kids to do, but quiet (you can camp on the river) and at $34, it's a deal. We drove through Pine Mountain RV resort and were highly impressed. If you want something that approximates the sites at the Fort a little more, Pine Mountain would be it.  Lots of good reviews for Foothills RV resort, and to a lesser extent, Riveredge.