Some folks here will likely have first hand experiences to share, but in case it's helpful, there's a bunch of info on this page...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/ecvs/wheelchairscooterecv-rentals-r191

Of particular note is the update from 03/13 about "featured providers" and the change in the drop off policy.

At a party recently, someone told me that they rented a wheelchair from a company that met them at the "front gate" of the park they were going to for drop off and pick up.  I think they said it was $15 for the day.  He is supposed to e-mail the name of the company because my friends here are concerned i won't be able to walk well enough to do the parks by the time my trip rolls around.  I am determined to be on my feet by then.

At a party recently, someone told me that they rented a wheelchair from a company that met them at the "front gate" of the park they were going to for drop off and pick up.  I think they said it was $15 for the day.  He is supposed to e-mail the name of the company because my friends here are concerned i won't be able to walk well enough to do the parks by the time my trip rolls around.  I am determined to be on my feet by then.

There is a BIG difference between "being on your feet" and being able to easily walk 5+ miles a day.

There is a BIG difference between "being on your feet" and being able to easily walk 5+ miles a day.

Judy is right, Marty.  The "theme park trudge" is rough on perfectly intact knees.  If you think there's any chance you're not going to be 100% for sure, get the chair. 

And if you need reminding why... go look at your spreadsheet.  8)  :heartsmiley:

Judy is right, Marty.  The "theme park trudge" is rough on perfectly intact knees.  If you think there's any chance you're not going to be 100% for sure, get the chair. 

And if you need reminding why... go look at your spreadsheet.  8)  :heartsmiley:

Jason was VERY resistant to the scooter, but later soooooooo glad I had insisted. 

Count me among those concerned friends!

I see the ortho on Monday and will see where we go from there.

Great!