Cheap and Disney do not go together

As things go, I've got another wild bug up my tush idea - we're headed to Key West this December. My current plan and schedule has us taking 5 days to get there, but I've been wondering about the wild hair idea of beating feet to Orlando so that we could spend a night at FW and go to Hollywood Studios for the Christmas Lights display.

So, I just priced it out- 2 adults, a 11 year old and a 2 year old. Room price was $135 after taxes. 1-day ticket price worked out to be about $305.

I assume I'm picking the absolute worst setup being just 1 day for each. But, are there any discounts to be had or am I looking at rack-rates and that's it?

I checked UnderCoverTourist and they were slightly more expensive. I also seem to recall that Florida Residents do not get any discounts on the 1-day tickets (not that I qualify- just thinking about all avenues). The only other thing I'm wondering is if there is some kind of friends and family discount- I know a couple of non-fiends that work for Disney.

>...I assume I'm picking the absolute worst setup being just 1 day for each. But, are there any discounts to be had or am I looking at rack-rates and that's it?

Pretty much this.  I'd be surprised if any discounts turned up that type of year for a 1 night room stay.  If you luck into one, it's likely to be small.

As for tickets... one day tickets are the absolute worst value at WDW. The per day price doesn't really start to go down below "Yikes!" until you get around 4-5 days. I doubt you'll find any legitimate discounted tickets to be had.  UT would have been my one suggestion to check.