Anyone have a favorite site in the 300 loop? We have a preferred site booked for the Thanksgiving time from and since we have a little pup with us, I am guess we will be in 300.

I have studied the photos on the app (*NERD*), but am just looking for "fiend favorites!" :camp1:

Do you want to be close to the comfort station?

Close to the playground?

Close to the basketball court?

Near the bus stop?

Would you rather be in a quieter/more secluded spot?

People like sites for different reasons.

What are you looking for?

TCD

Now that you ask...I'll have to consider what is important!  I guess we like a site that is relatively easy to back into and is long and wide (wishful thinking, I know!!!) We prefer being closer to the marina, so the 300 loop fits that bill.  Some tree cover/privacy is nice, but not essential. ::)

300 loop overall is pretty shady.  There's a bit more privacy in the first half of the loop.  The 2nd half had a lot of vegetation cleared out a few years ago when they were trying to get rid of the invasive species.

There are a few longer sites in 300 but not really any wide ones.  Part of the reason it's so shady is that there are a lot of trees, including some that can make it a challenge to position a camper to be able to open slides/awnings.  The inside sites tend to be shorter and many of them are close to the comfort station.

The first several sites on the outside of the loop (up to 306ish) back up to a nice grassy area across the canal from the dog park.

A little further in there are a bunch of sites on the outside that back up to the nice grassy area along the canal, which is also the dog walk, although since they opened the dog park, we've never seen a lot of dogs out there.  Those sites start around #312 and run up to #328, which is the site right before the entrance to the dog walk (expect a bit of traffic in that site)

The outer sites from about 339/340 through to the end back up to either the 200 loop or the street.  Not that it's super noisy, and there's a good bit of space between, but something to consider.

• 2 months later...

I agree with site 316. We spent two weeks on that site at Christmas (in a 45' MH) and it was perfect. In a smaller trailer or MH some of the other sites looked nice also. 316 backed up to the comfort station, easy walk to the dog park and bus stop and also to the marina if you wanted.