You may not realize it, but FWGuy is always looking for a good deal. Free is best, but affordable while still meeting my needs is good too. I wanted a mobile hot spot so that I can keep in touch with family and friends, and be able to take care of business while in the woods. I hate the idea of getting into a contract or monthly fees for something I would use sporadically throughout the year, so I have been searching for a mobile hot spot which would be prepaid, and the data would not expire. The other day I was in Wally World and there it was. It is called Internet on the Go. You have to buy the device ( I paid 79 bucks ) and for another 25 I got 1.5 GB of data usage. Takes about 5 minutes to set up online, and you are off.

Now the drawbacks are it uses the Sprint network, so you have to check the coverage map first to be sure it will be useful where you camp. It is no substitute for your home service due to the data cost, but for occasional use while on vacation for email, surfing websites like Fort Fiends, doing banking, paying bills, etc, it is the bomb. So far I have just messed around with it a little, but we will be camping next month and I plan on giving it a try. The Fort is totally covered by the service, if you don't want to mess with Disney's modems. If you like to stream video and download movies, don't get it.

Data will not expire as long as you use the service at least once a year, and who doesn't do that? You can pick up refill cards at Wally World, or buy data online with your plastic. No mess, no fuss, no dealing with Verizon or T Mobile and their line of crap.

Also worth mentioning: if you have an iPhone on Sprint you can use it as a hotspot. If you check the prices online, the monthly cost is a bit excessive, but what they don't mention is that the rate is pro-rated and you can cancel anytime. So turning it up for a week while you're on the road is not bad at all. Not sure if this is true with other phones on Sprint, or with other providers, but have used it many times in a pinch.

I don't have one of them fancy phones. I still use a flip phone.

Also worth mentioning: if you have an iPhone on Sprint you can use it as a hotspot. If you check the prices online, the monthly cost is a bit excessive, but what they don't mention is that the rate is pro-rated and you can cancel anytime. So turning it up for a week while you're on the road is not bad at all. Not sure if this is true with other phones on Sprint, or with other providers, but have used it many times in a pinch.

It works for me with an Android on AT&T too.  I leave the data on as I use it for work email, but I have the option of going online on my account and opting out whenever I want.  I can connect up to 5 devices through my phone as a hotspot.  Watch those darn kids and their streaming though.....I don't give them my pairing key.  

It works for me with an Android on AT&T too.  I leave the data on as I use it for work email, but I have the option of going online on my account and opting out whenever I want.  

I have an iphone on at&t with data from work and I use the hotspot on that first. I also have my android with Verizon for my personal phone and 4gb available on that so once I drain works I use mine.