My aunt showed me a bag someone had given her crocheted out of plastic shopping bags. The first thing that popped in my head was that would be great for taking to the comfort station, pool, or beach. So I came home and after a couple failed attempts I decided to look it up online. Found instructions on how to make the bags into "plarn" and away I went. The first bag was given to a friend for her birthday before I thought to take pictures of it. So far I have completed 2 more bags, just working on them in the evenings while watching tv. Everyone thinks I'm crazy because I keep telling them save your bags for me.

20140821_103053_zpslkc3515e.jpg

20140821_103125_zpsw3easnta.jpg

Still trying to figure out the best and strongest way to make the handles and will be venturing off into different stitches and patterns for the next one.

Those are great!  My crochet hooks are gathering dust in the closet.  Which website did you use for instructions?

I really dont remember. I searched how to make the plarn ( folding and cutting the bags into 1in strips making a ring then chaining them together). Then a search for free crochet bag patterns for the basic ideas. Im not so good at ffollowing directions so once I got the basic idea I kinda went off on my own. Still trying different size hooks stiches and what not.

Those came out great!!

We had a thread going that talked about using plarn camping mats...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12482-crocheted-tent-rug/?hl=plarn

I saw that wasnt sure about hijacking that with the bags so started another thread. Would like to try the mats, when I get bored making the bags. ( which will be as soon as I get them all figured out).

I saw that wasnt sure about hijacking that with the bags so started another thread. Would like to try the mats, when I get bored making the bags. ( which will be as soon as I get them all figured out).

You were afraid of hijacking with something actually related?  :rofl3: