Are they still doing pony rides at the Fort?  It seems I remember something about them possibly discontinuing that - maybe it came up in one of the conversations about them moving the horses...

Let me know if anyone knows for sure - maybe I'm remembering wrong.  Or maybe I'm just crazy.  Or both.

DD will FLIP OUT if we take her to ride a pony this year... 

DSCN2728-1.jpg

Here is my grandson doing his first pony ride just last month. It costs $5 cash. You walk and lead the pony around the yard following a prescribed path. Didn't take that long and the pony (Snow) was very docile, but he sure did love the ride. You can take as long as you want especially if nobody is behind you, so maybe pick a quiet afternoon or early morning. Sad thing is that you can't pet the ponies and some look like they would really love the attention.  :dropjaw:  Enjoy your trip.

Awesome info guys - thanks!  She is definitely in that size requirement - she's 3.  Good info on the closed toe shoes - I will be sure she is in her sneakers and not sandals.  Can you imagine that scene?!  Sorry, honey, gotta go back to the cabin and get shoes...  Also good to see the hours - I'll plan accordingly!

Everytime we pass a horse pasture and the horses are out, she says "Hi Phillipe!  Hi Gaston's horse!  Hi Sleeping Beauty's horse!  I'm going to ride you tomorrow!"

Her guidelines are easy -

Phillipe:  brown horse

Gaston's horse:  black horse

Sleeping Beauty's horse:  white horse

I'm sorry - but does Sleeping Beauty really HAVE a horse or did she make that up in her little mind?  :rofl2: