Where to watch UFC 178 event while at WDW?

While we are at FW (9/25/14 - 10/03/14), my 15yo son wants to watch UFC 178.  

Does anyone know where I can take him on Saturday night that he would be able to see this?  

The pre-lims, which are all he would get to watch at home, will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1.

What he would really like to watch is the Pay Per View of the event.  I know this might be broadcast in local bars, but I am not taking him to a bar.  LOL

There's a chance you might be able to catch it at ESPN at the Boardwalk, but if there are other, bigger sporting events on, it's unlikely. 

The tricky bit is that Disney is owned by ABC, so aside from the local Fox affiliate and Fox news, they aren't big on pushing the Fox networks.

Marty, don't make me look up UFC 178?

From wikipedia: "UFC 178: Johnson vs Cariaso is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held on September 27, 2014 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas,Nevada.[1]"

With all that planning you did, you're going to add this?

Tell the kid no.

TCD

The thing is, it is Saturday evening, which I have nothing planned for.  So it is possible.

Is there a way to find out what they are showing at ESPN at the Broadwalk without going there?  Of course, I have never been to the Boardwalk, so it might be worth it just to go check it out.

... I have never been to the Boardwalk, so it might be worth it just to go check it out.

It is a nice place to take a walk and you can check out a bunch of resorts in one fell swoop... or loop as the case may be.  8)

I'm not sure if they publish their schedule anywhere. 

Okay, I called the ESPN Club and spoke with Carrie who was very helpful.  For future reference, you cal call the club at 407-939-1177 and find out what sports they will be broadcasting for that day only.  They open around 11:30am, so you can call anytime after that.

However, they do not broadcast any fighting on Disney property.    While it would make my life a bit easier if they would broadcast this particular event, overall I respect that decision and as a mom, I appreciate it.  Honestly, when my husband and boy are watching mixed martial arts fighting, they often caution me not to look.  It has taken some time, but I am learning that I really don't want to look when they say that.

Okay, I called the ESPN Club and spoke with Carrie who was very helpful.  For future reference, you cal call the club at 407-939-1177 and find out what sports they will be broadcasting for that day only.  They open around 11:30am, so you can call anytime after that.

However, they do not broadcast any fighting on Disney property.    While it would make my life a bit easier if they would broadcast this particular event, overall I respect that decision and as a mom, I appreciate it.  Honestly, when my husband and boy are watching mixed martial arts fighting, they often caution me not to look.  It has taken some time, but I am learning that I really don't want to look when they say that.

I agree. The MMA stuff isnt't very Disney-like.