Now here's my rant.  As far as the mine train goes, IMHO this is the most overrated ride Disney has had.  Yes it's fun, the detail is great but it's no more to me than a minute longer than the barnstormer with a lot of nice foliage mixed in.  I will ride it with a FP but wont waste my time in SB.  I guess you should all be lucky that in mid stream of building this thing they didn't spray paint it blue and write frozen on the side.  the wait times would triple.  Don't get me going on Frozen.  thats a rant for another time  :)

Great rant, Dave.

And right on point.

Let's not forget that MK visitors endured three years of construction walls to wait for them to finish the Mine Train.

And the kicker is that even after all that time the thing breaks down on an almost daily basis.

When it's working, I like the ride. But it could have and should have been so much more.

TCD

Let's not forget that MK visitors endured three years of construction walls to wait for them to finish the Mine Train.

Depending on the source, it took anywhere from 1-1/2 to 3 years of actual construction time to build all of the original MK and it took about that long to build one ok ride, really?

• 2 weeks later...

Shannon-

Hopefully you are still around to check on this, but GDF's boyfriend posted another chart showing MNSSHP wait times, including the Mine Train.  This was from the September 16 party.

You can find it here: http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showthread.php?22612-Wait-Times-During-9-16-14-Mickey-s-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party-Including-Anna-Elsa

And here's the chart:

cAy9m9J.jpg

That's not as good as the first chart for the Mine Train wait times, but still better than wait times on a busy day.

Note that this was a Tuesday night party in September- probably nowhere near sold out.  A sold-out party would have longer wait times all around.

TCD

Shannon-

Hopefully you are still around to check on this, but GDF's boyfriend posted another chart showing MNSSHP wait times, including the Mine Train. This was from the September 16 party.

You can find it here: http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showthread.php?22612-Wait-Times-During-9-16-14-Mickey-s-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party-Including-Anna-Elsa

And here's the chart:

cAy9m9J.jpg

That's not as good as the first chart for the Mine Train wait times, but still better than wait times on a busy day.

Note that this was a Tuesday night party in September- probably nowhere near sold out. A sold-out party would have longer wait times all around.

TCD

This party was only 16 thousand. No where near sold out.

This party was only 16 thousand. No where near sold out.

You keep on dropping hints like this, and soon I'm going to figure out how many tickets they sell before they call it a sold out event.

Now we know that the first party, which the really short wait times, was only 10K guests.

This one we're looking at now was 16K, and the wait times weren't too bad.  But you're saying that is still nowhere near a sell out.

So, when we get into October, and the parties are closer to capacity, the Mine Train wait times are probably gong to SMB.

TCD

You keep on dropping hints like this, and soon I'm going to figure out how many tickets they sell before they call it a sold out event.

Now we know that the first party, which the really short wait times, was only 10K guests.

This one we're looking at now was 16K, and the wait times weren't too bad. But you're saying that is still nowhere near a sell out.

So, when we get into October, and the parties are closer to capacity, the Mine Train wait times are probably gong to SMB.

TCD

You'll never figure it out. The capacity changes for every party. They sell more tickets on busier nights like Fridays and Halloween.