Hey Fiends..opinions needed:

We're trying to decide if we should arrive late at the Fort (between 9p and 10p) or early (between 10a and 11a).  If we arrive late, we would not set up, just go to sleep and set up in the morning.  Pro to this is... we're driving straight through which seems easier to me HOWEVER, I will be faxing a request for 3 specific spots in the 100 loop so I'm wondering if arriving in the morning is the better way to go?

Again, our primary goal is to encourage Disney to give us one of the spots we've requested...so the question is, does the time you arrive make the difference?

Haha... well, it's bad either way then.   It would either be late on Friday or early Saturday  ???

I don't think anyone can say for sure, but I think arriving around noon on a Saturday would be better than arriving at 9 or 10 pm on a Friday.  Arriving at noon on Friday would be way better.

Check out time is 11 am.  There are folks who stay for a week and arrive and leave on a Saturday.  Everyone who's going to leave should be gone by then, and most of the sites vacated early should be clean and ready to occupy.

But, as has been said many times here, faxing a site request 5 days before your trip is the best advice.  Put on the fax request that you're not going to be arriving until late, but that you really, really, really want to be on the 100 loop, and that you'd appreciate them holding a site for you there until you arrive.  To me, that has a better chance of working than anything else.

And, if you don't get the site you want, don't sweat it.  It happens to all of us.  You're still going to have a good time.

TCD

I would go with early Saturday. I don't think time of day would have anything to do with site assignment other than you might have to wait in overflow until your site is ready.   I would hate to pay for a day and only get there in time to go to bed.  There are a lot of cheap places you can stay the night.  Also going early gives you a better chance of selecting an alternate site if your request cannot be met.  We are locals so timing our arrival is easier for us. We have checked in at 6AM parked in the overflow lot and either went on to a park or grab our swim suites go to the pool until the site is ready. 

I don't think anyone can say for sure, but I think arriving around noon on a Saturday would be better than arriving at 9 or 10 pm on a Friday.  Arriving at noon on Friday would be way better.

We usually start the drive at 4am, so we're there around 12 noon but that's not Tom's favorite...so we were considering the other options this trip.  I agree on the Friday, but I'm not sure that he can take another day off work so I think we'll stop for the night and shoot for early Saturday.

Also going early gives you a better chance of selecting an alternate site if your request cannot be met.  

That was my thought about Saturday as well.